HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia

18.4k views

Page selection:
  • Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Re: HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia

Dear all
Here is the treatment efficiency of 3 chamber HDPE septic tank.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Juliana

Anhui Reyao Environmental Protection & Technology co.,ltd.
Add:Taohua industrial zone,Hefei city ,AnHui China
M.T.:+86 13505602332/+86 1595514 8782
Fax:+86-551-68109009
E-mail; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web.:www.reyao.cn

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • nityajacob
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the SuSanA India Chapter; WASH Lead at Swasti

Re: HDPE septic tank apply to the Rural sewage treatment in China and South east Asia

Dear Julian,

Thank you for the information, very useful given India's sanitation priorities. How does this company (sintex-plastics.com/products/sub-ground-...sintex-septic-tanks/) compare in terms of performance and price. They have been in the business for sometime but I have not seen any of their installations so cannot comment on efficacy.

Regards
Nitya

• Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Mr A.K.Singh,thanks for that.
The HDPE septic tank is maintenance free and no special skills required.
In China rural area,the treated water drain into field for reusing.In downtown,it will re-treated by integrated waste water treatment system.In some other countries,the treated waste water pass into soak away and finally follow into the soil.

Look forward to promoting in India.
Juliana

E-mail; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• aksingh

Hello Juliana
Very interesting and useful for rural and semi urban condition in India. Any technology transfer agreement with indian industry in near future. What are the issues related to maintenance and any special skill is required. Can treated sewer can be reused in agricultural field.
For any further partnership can we discuss to demonstrate in India.

Please respond

Dr.A.K.Singh
Shangri-La Projects Sulabh
India

• Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Thanks Nitya
HDPE is wildly used for rural waster water treatment in China.We intend to get entry into India.It applies to all area in South East Asia.I'd email you the cost and more details.
We advise 1500lts for 5-6 household.Rough cost is around usd88 for 3 chamber.The funnel type is much more econoical.

Pls see this image which show the inlet connection with kitchen and bath water water.

Juliana

Attachments:

• nityajacob
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the SuSanA India Chapter; WASH Lead at Swasti

Hi Juliana,

Great idea for using in space and money constrained situations. How scalable in terms of both size and money is this? Do you have any presence in India? I'm thinking villages who prefer septic tanks and an informal collection and transport system, but no disposal. Do you have anything that deals with the septage as well.

What's the cost for a typical household use of about 5-6 people, including bath water. Maybe a load of 250 lpd that's a mix of sewage and bath/kitchen water?

Thanks for the information in advance.

Regards
Nitya Jacob
The following user(s) like this post: Julianacheng16

• Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Hi Dana
Thanks for your good question.
Different from Roto molded,HDPE septic tank is injection molded.It improves the production efficiency greatly.Meantime,the transportation cost is much lower.

Pls let me know if you need any more details.
Juliana

• Dana

Hi Juliana,

Thanks for sharing information on HDPE septic tanks. I'm based in Ghana and here we have access to plastic septic tanks, 3000 and 6000 liters. They are roto-molded. As you mention the cost is high, approximately twice the cost of a tank make using ferro-cement. How do you recommend producing HDPE tanks to lower the production cost?

• Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Hi Dean
Thanks for your questions.I attached images here and made captions.

1.1000ltrs/1500ltrs 3 chamber horizontal septic tank

]Inside

Stackable

Work diagram

2.2000ltrs/2400ltrs vertical type septic tank

3.3000ltrs/3600ltrs vertical type septic tank

Stackable

.........................................................................................................

Reyao septic tank is made out of HDPE(high-density polyethylene),which is a commonly recycled plastic.

I hope above information is clear for you.If you have any more questions,please let me know.

Thanks

Best regards
Juliana

Attachments:

• goeco
  • Self employed innovator with an interest in wastewater treatment systems and recycling of nutrients

Hi Juliana,

Could you please caption each of your images with the product (Elisabeth could help)? I have questions but need to be able to refer to each product by name.

Also, can your company make these out of recycled plastic?

cheers
Dean
Dean Satchell, M For. Sc.
Vermifilter.com
www.vermifilter.com

• Julianacheng16
    Topic Author
  • Engineer assistant

Hi Kris,thanks for your kind attention to my post.

My answer is as following.
The butyl rubber tape is used for water tight seals, same as double-wall corrugated pipe joint. The actual lifespan of the gasket-like seal can last 25 years . What’s more, 58 pieces of bolts are screwed for strengthening the tightness.
..................................................................................

Sorry I can't upload the images today.I will try again in next days.
.................................................................................

The butyl rubber tape features as below.
corrosion protection of Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, and Waste Water.
Excellent adhesion to inner-layer tape and self
long term corrosion protection , Resistant to UV
High chemical resistance under service temperature.
Cold applied. It makes installation fast and easy.

Hope above information is helpful.

Any further question, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Good weekend!
Juliana

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Stackable is great from a logistical point of view, but of what kind of material is the gasket made that ensures water tightness at the joint? Given the often corrosive qualities of septage, what kind of lifespans can you expect from that gasket before it starts leaking?

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds