Launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020_ Presentations and YouTube recording available!

Page selection:
  • Keitumetse
  • Independent consultant with interest in research, WASH knowledge management and aquatic ecotoxicology. I am an enthusiast about youth engagement and empowerment in the WASH sector.

Re: Launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020_ Presentations and YouTube recording available!

Dear Djibrila Youssoufa,

Thank you for your question.

There are 145 members from Cameroon.

About the dry toilets, I would advice that you go into the search engine right here in the forum  Search (susana.org)  where you will find some interesting discussions where dry toilets were a focus, this discussion for example  When you hear the term "dry toilet" or "dry sanitation": does that include a pit latrine in your mind or not? - SuSanA Forum .

Also in the SuSanA library Resources • SuSanA ,  you can use the search engine to find articles, publications and conference materials with a focus on dry toilets.

I hope this helps. If you need further support, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Keitumetse
Keitumetse Tsubane
Co-coordinator SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter
(Under consultancy contract with ANEW funded by WSSCC)

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile: +266 58825940

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Djibrilay
  • Fondateur et Directeur de l'association PIVJET international

Re: Launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020_ Presentations and YouTube recording available!

Merci Elisabeth pour ces éclaircissements ! Je suis Djibrila Youssoufa du Cameroun. J'aimerais savoir combien de membres se trouve dans mon pays. J'aimerais travailler sur des toilettes sèches destinées pour le compost dans les prisons du pays.

Comment être formé sur ce domaine et mieux impacter

mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Merci

+++++++++
Translation by Deepl:

Thank you Elisabeth for these clarifications! I am Djibrila Youssoufa from Cameroon. I would like to know how many members are in my country. I would like to work on dry toilets for composting in prisons in the country.
How to be trained in this field and have a better impact
mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you

• Keitumetse
  • Independent consultant with interest in research, WASH knowledge management and aquatic ecotoxicology. I am an enthusiast about youth engagement and empowerment in the WASH sector.

Thank you Chaiwe for this great question.

I would like to first highlight that the SuSanA Regional Chapters aim to increase SuSanA’s outreach and its impact on people’s work, by using a demands-based approach to provide knowledge products, community and learning services. They also anchor, at a regional level, SuSanA to facilitate communication, connect the alliance with regional funding and serve as a regional networking and coordination hub.
Also, I believe it is important to highlight the outcomes towards which Africans will be contributing, as individuals, CSOs, private sector, government organisations and NGOs:
  • Enabling greater visibility and influence of WASH CSOs in sanitation from African countries to actively engage in the WASH sector at regional and global level, through effective knowledge management and outreac
  • Drive development debates and actions that prioritise gender, youth, equality and inclusion in the WASH sector
  • Build and strengthen the capacity and participation of African CSOs in ongoing sector processes such as National Sanitation Conferences or joint sector reviews
1. What role should Africans individually expect to play now that this chapter is a reality?
  • Actively participate in webinars, trainings and other activities initiated by the chapter.
2. What additional value do we (Africans) expect to bring to the table to ensure the success of this initiative?
Utilise the SuSanA knowledge management platform and initiate partnerships within the region.
The chapter aims to contribute towards preventing duplication of efforts in the WASH sector by motivating match-making and contributing to building consensus wherever possible to unify the sector and to build upon the work of local champions that want to make use of SuSanA as an international sounding board.

I am looking forward to more conversations in the forum.

Regards,
Keitumetse
Keitumetse Tsubane

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: ddiba

• Chaiwe
    Topic Author
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Dear Keitumetse,

My most immediate question following this launch is what role should Africans individually expect to play now that this chapter is a reality? What additional value do we (Africans) expect to bring to the table to ensure the success of this initiative?

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

• Keitumetse

Dear All,

After a very successful launch of the  SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter, please find the presentations and the YouTube recording of the entire launch as WSSCC, AMCOW, ANEW and the SuSanA Secretariat deliberates on the new Regional chapter. Exciting!
So, if you missed the launch as it happened, do not worry. We have you covered!

Please find the YouTube link here  and the presentations attached
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Regards,
Keitumetse
Keitumetse Tsubane

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• kunene47

Re: Launch of the SUSANA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020 at 12.00-1.00 pm CEST_ During the ongoing SuSanA online meeting

Great news indeed. We welcome the SUSANA AFRICA REGIONAL CHAPTER and looking forward to robust discussions and debates on issues of sanitation and hygiene faced by mother Africa. I hope the ladies coordinating the forum will motivate and give direction.  
Lucas

• ARDI
  • Promoting positive Living for Rural Communities

Re: Launch of the SUSANA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020 at 12.00-1.00 pm CEST_ During the ongoing SuSanA online meeting

Dear Colleagues
this is a great initiative and thanks to the team behind this achievement
Kind regards
Charles
South Sudan
ARDI-South Sudan

• Keitumetse

Re: SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter Launch

Dear SuSanA Community,

We are excited to announce and invite you to the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter launch! The launch which will be tomorrow, 26August at 12:00–13:00pm CEST, is part of the on-going 30th SuSanA meeting online.

The chapter aims to strengthen the voice, capacity and role of all critical actors in the sanitation sector (local governments, ministries, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), state & non-state service providers, etc.) in achieving and maintaining universal access to safely managed water and sanitation services in African countries. It also aspires to enhance knowledge sharing between and within African sanitation actors and the international SuSanA community.

To attend the launch, please register  here  

Looking forward to your attendance and contributions.

Kind regards,
Keitumetse Tsubane
Keitumetse Tsubane

The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka, musajimoh1208

• AdaOkoWilliams

This is ground breaking and amazing to see that Africa finally gets its own platform on SuSanA, it's been a long time coming but it is HERE now lets get going! 
Congratulations to everyone behind the scene that made this happen! 

Ada Oko-Williams 
The following user(s) like this post: ARDI

• Chaiwe
    Topic Author
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Launch of the SUSANA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020 at 12.00-1.00 pm CEST_ During the ongoing SuSanA online meeting

I am excited about this long-awaited Africa Regional Chapter and I am glad it is finally being launched. This will mark the beginning of some great things for knowledge management within the sector for the continent. Below, I have shared the email sent by Ms. Sareen Malik,  Executive Secretary of the ANEW  - African Civil Society Network on Water and Sanitation about the launch, along with a link.  Do remember to register for the session if you have not already. 

Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well and in good spirits. We are pleased to invite you to the Launch of the SUSANA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26th August 2020 at 12.00-1.00 pm CEST.  The SUSANA Africa Regional Chapter, to be hosted by ANEW, which will be a regional knowledge management hub set to take knowledge to scale, receive access to knowledge and to communicate and interact with a wider African network on issues of sanitation and hygiene. The idea for the medium-term and long-term is to apply and promote multi-stakeholder communities of practice, with a strong focus on effective knowledge management and dissemination, and the role of African women and youth in the WASH sector. These will promote “conversations” in CoPs through webinars, online chats, and meeting platforms and strengthen civil society's voice mechanisms. Your contribution to the Session is most welcome.

The link to the Session:  Launch_SuSanA Africa Chapter 

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds