New Special Issue on 'Inclusive Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health (WASH2): Towards a Sustainable and Healthy Society"

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: New Special Issue on 'Inclusive Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health (WASH2): Towards a Sustainable and Healthy Society"

Hi Nazim,

I am just bringing this back to the top of the pile by copying more information about your planned journal issue for next year from your website: 

This Special Issue calls for original research on those excluded people who may be systematically ignored from WASH2 services, initiatives, and programs due to poverty, power (both local and international), social exclusion, and other hidden factors in society. It will also focus on individual inequalities such as gender and disability, which can lead to the unsafe condition of those people related to WASH2. Moreover, the SI will uncover the inequalities in some groups in the society, such as caste or religion, who face challenges in accessing WASH2 services. Politicospatial inequalities such as informal settlements/slums or remote/rural places could also enhance unsafe WASH2 services in many parts of the world. We also call for papers examining the challenges faced by groups such as the homeless, indigenous people/First Nations communities/aboriginal people, and farmers who are systematically excluded from WASH2 services, plan, programs, and initiatives in low-, middle-, and high-income countries. Critical review papers with the new dimension will also be considered for this Special Issue.

www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/spec...lusive_wash2_healsoc

It's the first time I've seen the new accronym WASH2 (where the "2" refers to "health"). Interesting. I wonder if it will stick.

Regards,
Elisbeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • nazimuddin
    Topic Author

New Special Issue on 'Inclusive Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health (WASH2): Towards a Sustainable and Healthy Society"

Hello SuSanA Forum Members,

As a Chief Guest Editor of 'Sustainability' journal (SCI&SSCI INDEXED, IF-2.592) for a Special Issue on "Inclusive Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health (WASH2): Towards a Sustainable and Healthy Society", I would like to invite you to submit your research papers to this journal. I am co-editing this special issue with Prof. Chad Staddon from the University of West of England Bristol. Please check the link for more details about this special issue: 

www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/spec...lusive_wash2_healsoc

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2021. 

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Nazim 
Assistant Professor of Environmental Sciences 
Asian University for Women, Bangladesh
Sayed Mohammad Nazim Uddin, PhD
Visiting Research Associate & Sessional Lecturer
Community-based Research Laboratory (CBRLab)
Department of Geography, University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, Canada
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Assistant Professor, Environmental Sciences
Asian University for Women
20/A, M M Ali Road, Chittagong, Bangladesh
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.auw.edu.bd
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds