Can I send a post to the forum by e-mail?

18.8k views

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: using e-mail to write on the SuSanA discussion forum

Dear Cecilia,

Thanks for your questions. The process is this: when a post is sent by e-mail, it first lands in a category that is hidden from view. Only the moderators can see it. The moderators check this category daily (in fact some of us get alerted by an e-mail that a new posting has arrived). We then check it and move it to the right category - and then it becomes visible to all. Or, if it is a reply to an existing thread, we move it there. The aim is to have a response time of 24 hours. By having several moderators, this will be quite possible.
(of course, any spam and plain advertising would be deleted and not made public)

I have fixed that link above (there was a fullstop at the end which interfered). It was just a link to the "recent topics" page.

So far, nobody has used the new functionality. For anyone who wonders how it works and whether it is convenient: just try it out and see what happens. Just send your post to:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (from the same e-mail address which you had previously used to register for SuSanA). And then see what happens. :-)

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: CeciliaRodrigues

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • CeciliaRodrigues

Re: using e-mail to write on the SuSanA discussion forum

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you for the good news, it sounds practical. I still have few questions about this new functionality. I didn't understand if the posts sent by mail will be all in the same, probably new category or they will be allocated to the category where they belong. Will there be a way to differentiate new topics from replies?

Kind regards,
Cecília.

P.S.: The link I suppose is for the new category is not working.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Can I send a post to the forum by e-mail?

The question was: Can I send a post to the forum by e-mail?
Answer: Yes, you can. Simply send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (if you are a registered user)

Read more about this functionality below.

Dear all,

I would like to inform you about a nice new feature of the SuSanA discussion forum which could be interesting for many of you.

The feature is a "contribute by e-mail functionality": You can now send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and it would end up here (after a manual spam control): forum.susana.org/forum/recent

Thus, you can now make a posting on the forum even if you have forgotten your login name or password for SuSanA. Perhaps you have registered for SuSanA a long time ago but you cannot remember your login and password. Or you couldn't be bothered to login again each time you want to write on the forum. Or you may wish to write a posting while you are offline (e.g. in a plane) and then send it immediately when you are online.

For all these cases, you can now simply write an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and your post-by-e-mail will be transmitted to the SuSanA discussion forum (for this to work you must have registered with SuSanA prior to sending the e-mail, and send the e-mail from this registered e-mail address). If you don't have a SuSanA login yet, you can get it here: www.susana.org/register.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds