Need to locate manufacturer of UDDT squatting pan - to supply a single item to me in France

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Need to locate manufacturer of UDDT squatting pan

Dear Hubert,

There is a urine diverting squatting pan made of ceramic by a company in China. Scott told us about it here on the discussion forum in March 2018:
forum.susana.org/urine-diversion-flush-t...a?limitstart=0#24467

Perhaps it helps a little bit. Maybe Scott can organise to send one to you in France. (it's with flushing though, hence the hole for the feces is relatively small)

Here is the image that he included in his post:

I am surprised you say that stainless steel is "familiar" to people. To me it is only familiar in a public toilet setting but I have never seen one at a household setting. It might have a hygienic appearance but also very "cold", don't you think?

By the way, in another forum thread someone said that squatting toilets are common in France. I can't support that statement as I have seen none during my holidays in France, except one at a camp ground somewhere in the South but that's 20 years ago. Would you like to comment in the other thread? See here:
forum.susana.org/26-health-issues-and-co...ting-on-toilet-seats

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Hubert
  • Topic Author

Hello Elizabeth :
For the sitting option you suggest, there's a UDDT supplier in Sweden, Wostman Ecology AB. <www.wostman.se>
Wostman seems to supply the most advanced UDDT solution in Europe so far.

The EcoDry™ is well thought out, visually familiar and the product would likely be acceptable to the most squeamish.

I'm a Canadian born in Ireland so as WASP as one might wish. Nevertheless, for me, sitting on what amounts to a chair is about as unnatural a way to evacuate as I can think of. Only lying flat in a hospital bed being help to do so by a nurse would be worse. I've squatted since childhood, often with difficulty given the usual arrangements and of course against the advice of my parents. I confess to be a tad singled minded.

I don't discount materials other than stainless steel out of hand. Nevertheless, the best material is probably stainless steel for a number of reasons. Non UDDT stainless steel pans I've come across are stamped out of a single sheet. The product has no odd corners, welds or defects which might harbor bacteria. They are easy to keep clean and if produced in quantity would likely be reasonable cheap for a Western buyer. And a visitor to les Brousses would might be taken aback by a squatting pan would at least find stainless steel familiar.

My house is built in the traditional Japanese style so it's already a bit intimidating to some visitors. e.g. "Please don't step on the sliding door sills and be sure to wear toilet slippers in the privy and leave them outside the door when you leave".

Best Wishes to the Forum : Hubert Wagner

PS : Still looking...
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Hubert
  • Topic Author

Hello Again :
Still looking for that elusive UDDT squatting pan. Stainless steel would be ideal but almost any material will do.

Best Wishes to the Forum
Hubert Wagner
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Hubert,

Have a look around in this sub-category of the forum and you'll find some options for suppliers, and pertinent discussions:
forum.susana.org/suppliers-of-pans-seats...ne-diversion-toilets

However, supplying just a single item is usually not very interesting for a supplier. And instead of stainless steel you'd find them more likely made in plastic or ceramic or concrete (in a do-it-yourself mode).

Why does it need to be a squatting pan? If you are OK with a sitting option made of plastic, look for a local vendor of the Separett Villa from Sweden (for example). In Germany these are now sometimes sold in conventional hardware shops.

Good luck,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Hubert
  • Topic Author

Need to locate manufacturer of UDDT squatting pan

Hello :
I need to find a UDDT squatting pan manufacturer who is willing to supply a single item to me in France. Stainless steel would be idea although I can use an item made from other materials.
Any ideas ?
Best Wishes : Hubert Wagner
87320 DARNAC, France
eMail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds