Announcement of 2018 Toilet Accelerator Cohort - and receiving applications for the 2019 cohort

Page selection:
  • clairebalbo
    Topic Author

Re: Announcement of 2018 Toilet Accelerator Cohort - and receiving applications for the 2019 cohort

Elizabeth,
Thank you for your questions and interest!!

Indeed the Toilet Board has launched it's 3rd Edition of the Accelerator. We are now receiving applications for the 2019 Toilet Accelerator - this year we are extending outside of India and looking for entrepreneurs operating in emerging markets in Asia, Africa or Latin America.

The Toilet Board has also recently published work on its thinking around the Sanitation Economy and is looking at including businesses working at the cross-section between sanitation and the following sectors: agriculture, energy (waste to resource models or the circular economy), digital health (information flows using digital technologies to provide advanced health information, this also includes sanitation behaviour change information models) as well as innovative toilet technologies and business models (involving smart technologies for instance). You can find out more at the link provided above, as well as in the attached document.

Regarding previous cohorts, I encourage you to take a look at www.toiletboard.org/the-toilet-accelerator where you will find information on the businesses we have supported in the past.

Happy to answer any other questions, and please feel free to circulate the information on our Accelerator through your networks!

Kindly,
Claire
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Announcement of 2018 Toilet Accelerator Cohort - and receiving applications for the 2019 cohort

Dear Claire,

Thanks for your forum post. Is there a page on your website where I can find out more information about these selected companies? (some of them have been on the SuSanA discussion forum in the past. If anyone wants to look that up, you can either use the search function at the top or you can find them via the SuSanA project database: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/projects/database )

Also is there a page where people could look up how the previous cohorts did or what they are up to now? How many cohorts have you had so far, i.e. how long as the Toilet Accelerator been running for? - I can imagine that not every business or innovation can be a complete success, that's normal in the world of business.

Will there also be other Toilet Accelerators in other regions, i.e. other than India?

And are you focusing mainly on technology or rather on business models and marketing strategies, as well as on behavior change approaches?

Sorry for all these questions. It's just a sign of me being interested in this and in understanding it properly. B) Thanks.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• clairebalbo
    Topic Author

Announcement of 2018 Toilet Accelerator Cohort - and receiving applications for the 2019 cohort

Toilet Board Coalition Announces its 2018 Toilet Accelerator Cohort
The Toilet Board Coalition (TBC), the world’s first business-led platform focused on accelerating the Sanitation Economy, has announced its new 2018 Cohort of the Toilet Accelerator programme. Five innovative businesses in the areas of Toilet Innovation, Smart sanitation and the Circular Economy will receive 12-months of business support through the programme’s first India Edition.

Biomass Controls
Blue Water Company
GARV
Tiger Toilets
Toilet Integration

The TBC, founded in 2014, is a global business platform enabling private sector engagement, connecting large and small companies, and amplifying business opportunities across the emergent sanitation sector; smart, sustainable business solutions to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 6, ’Sanitation for all’.

Every year, the Toilet Board support innovative sanitation businesses engaged in low-income markets through its 12 month small business-large business mentoring programme.

To find out more about our criteria and conditions to apply, go to: www.toiletboard.org/the-toilet-accelerator

To apply for the 2019 Accelerator, fill out the form here to tell us about your sanitation business. Deadline: 30th April 2018.

For any question, contact Claire: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds