Introducing pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau): a new partner organisation of SuSanA

Page selection:
  • jmily
  • Gret

Re: Introducing pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau): a new partner organisation of SuSanA

All the CMS methodological guides are available on the pS-Eau Open library, in French and English:http://www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/index.php?pgmpseau_id=64&l=fr

CMS guide n°1: How to develop a concerted municipal strategy for water and sanitation
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2956&l=fr

CMS guide n°2: How to create a regional dynamic to improve local water supply and sanitation services in small towns in Africa
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2624&l=fr

CMS Guide n°3: How to analyze the demand of current and future users for water and sanitation services in towns and cities in Africa
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2814&l=fr

CMS guide n°4: How to select appropriate technical solutions for sanitation
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2632&l=fr

CMS guide n°5: How to manage public toilets and showers
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2625&l=fr

CMS Guide n°6: Financing sanitation in Sub-Saharan Africa
www.pseau.org/outils/biblio/resume.php?d=2993&l=fr
Research & Development
The following user(s) like this post: CeciliaRodrigues

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Introducing pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau): a new partner organisation of SuSanA

The titles have been added in French as well as in English. The links to the respective section on the ps-Eau website are to be found there as well.
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1724

[posted by Tilmann Vorhoff]
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• CeciliaRodrigues

Thank you Elisabeth and Christophe for sharing the links. I came across these 6 publications last year in the World Water Forum in Marseille, but I struggled to find the English soft copies in the pS-Eau website. Maybe someone could add to the library entry the name of the other 5 publications. It could be helpful.

I take the chance to inquire if some work in the same line was done regarding institutional set-ups for sanitation in developing countries.

I wish all the best for this new partnership!

Kind regards,
Cecilia.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

I am also really happy to have ps-Eau as a SuSanA partner, welcome! I am sure you can help us in bridging the French-English language barrier. As far as I know, ps-Eau does a lot of work in Francophone Africa.

Recently I came across a publication from ps-Eau which I enjoyed very much. It is a guide on selecting sanitation options. I know there are so many similar guides out there, but this one helped me because it was in French (I found it as part of my work in Morocco on a rural sanitation strategy for GIZ).

Here is the link in case you are interested:
Frenoux, C., Gabert, J., Guillaume, M., Monvois, J. (2010). How to select appropriate technical solutions for sanitation - Guide 4 - Choisir des solutions techniques adaptées pour l'assainissement liquide (in English and French). pS-Eau, Paris, France.
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1724

Christoph Le Jallé from ps-Eau told me:

Dear Elisabeth,
Thanks very much, we are really happy that you appreciate the book : Choisir des solutions techniques adaptées pour l'assainissement liquide. This book is part of a series of 6 books, available in French (www.pseau.org/smc/guides) and in English (www.pseau.org/fr/recherche-developpement...ethodological-guides).
The book have been already disseminated. We have some feedback, mainly from people and organizations from France and West Africa who use it for the conception of their project.
We welcome any comments and suggestions for its improvement, and we expect to prepare updated versions next year.
We will disseminate a newsletter in the next few weeks in French and in English regarding the whole programme in the framework of which was elaborated the series of books. And it will be followed by a wide mailing to promote the series of book, and we will also share it with the SuSanA community.
Best regards,

Christophe Le Jallé

So stay tuned for mor information from ps-eau.

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. It is interested that ps-Eau started off as an informal network (like SuSanA) and became an NGO later.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• cecile
  • Water and Sanitation Sector Leader for SNV in Burkina Faso

Welcome to SuSanA's network and forum !
It's good to see links between both networks. :)
Cécile Laborderie
MAKATI Environnement

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Introducing pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau): a new partner organisation of SuSanA

We would like to welcome pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau)as new SuSanA partner organisation.

Description:

The pS-Eau network was created in 1984 during the International Water and Sanitation Decade. It was hosted first by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then by an NGO called GRET. The Nongovernmental Co-operation Mission has provided financial support for pS-Eau since its inception. As pS-Eau’s financing sources became more diversified, the Nongovernmental Co-operation Mission asked for it to be made into an autonomous entity at a Steering Committee meeting in December 1999. In December 2000, the articles of association of pS-Eau were officially registered. Following a transitional period of restructuring that lasted until June 2003, pS-Eau became fully autonomous. It went from being an informal network to a nongovernmental organisation under the responsibility of a board of directors. As an NGO, pS-Eau is a neutral forum for co-ordination and alignment between support/advice providers and for capacity-building in the water sector. It strives to meet all of the requests made to it, regardless of their scope. To preserve its neutrality, pS-Eau is not involved in financing or carrying out projects in the field. The general objective of the programme, as defined in the articles of association, is to “facilitate local initiatives for international co-operation in the water and sanitation sector, and more generally for the environment and development”.
The specific objectives relate to support/advice, research/action, co-ordination, access to information and raising awareness of international co-operation. The operational objectives are set out in financing agreements signed by pS-Eau and donors.

Activities in Sustainable Sanitation:

- Coordination of research programmes
- Production of publications and tools
- Support to practitioners

Expectations in the Partnership:

Mutual sharing of knowledge and experiences

Contribution to SuSanA:

- participation to working groups
- sharing our publications and tools

pS-Eau (Programme Solidarité Eau)website: www.pseau.org

(Posted by Trevor Surridge)
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds