Market Survey for Compost

Page selection:
  • NPreneta01
    Topic Author

Re: Market Survey for Compost

Jonathan and SuSanA partners,

I know that IWMI is currently working on a review of a large number of case studies of Resource Recovery and Reuse (RRR) programs in developing countries. This review is specifically interested in looking at the cases' business models, as many composting programs in the past have been dependent on subsidies and function only at a small scale. It will be very interesting to see the selected case studies and learn from different actors' experiences once this publication is complete.

Nick
Nick Preneta, MPH
Director of Strategy, SOIL
Haiti: 011-4-733-8104
US: 541-326-7845

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jonpar
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

Re: Market Survey for Compost

Dear all,

I am currently working in Freetown as a consultant with IWA who have partnered with GOAL on a DFID-BMBF funded City Sanitation Partnership project to support Freetown City Council develop a commercially viable fecal sludge management strategy.

I'd be very interested to know of good examples where composting of fecal sludge has been successfully implemented at municipal scale.

best regards, Jonathan
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Principal Consultant – Water and Sanitation
IMC Worldwide Ltd, Redhill, United Kingdom
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• NPreneta01
    Topic Author

Market Survey for Compost

SuSanA community,

I have attached a basic market survey for fecal-sludge compost in and around Freetown, Sierra Leone. This was part of a consultancy I completed earlier this year and will be used to help GOAL, a SuSanA member, as they pilot a co-composting facility in Freetown. If others have similar market surveys that have been completed in other countries around fecal sludge re-use, I'd be very interested in having a look.

Best,

Nick Preneta

+++++++++++
Note by moderator (Evm): we have also added this to the SuSanA library now:
www.susana.org/lang-en/library/library?v...eitem&type=2&id=1813

This report was commissioned by GOAL Sierra Leone and Oxfam Sierra Leone, and prepared by Nick Preneta. Funding for the project was made available by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Nick Preneta, MPH
Director of Strategy, SOIL
Haiti: 011-4-733-8104
US: 541-326-7845

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds