Faecal sludge management in Akure, Nigeria (need help to determine the scope of the work)

Page selection:
  • PAyadi
  • Topic Author

Re: Faecal sludge management in Akure, Nigeria

Thank you sir. I have learnt alot from the textbook.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • pkjha
  • Working for over 30 years in the fields of sanitation, biogas from human wastes, septage management, waste water treatment in rural as well as urban areas in India and other developing countries.

Dear Kevin
Your book - Faecal Sludge and Septage treatment will be very useful for all the practitioners working the field from developing as well as developed countries. It will help a lot in designing the system. Your contribution in the field is highly appreciated.
Quite interestingly, its publication date is of today the 30th September 2018.
Best Regards

Pawan
Pawan Jha
Chairman
Foundation for Environment and Sanitation
Mahavir Enclave
New Delhi 110045, India
Web: www.foundation4es.org
Linked: linkedin.com/in/drpkjha

• kevintayler
  • I am a water and sanitation engineer, also interested in general urban housing issues. In recent years, I have worked on FSM for various organizations

Dear Pius

You should find some guidance in the first three chapters of my book on Faecal Sludge and Septage treatment, which has recently been published by Practical Action Publishing and which, thanks to funding from the World Bank and the Gates Foundation, can be downloaded free of charge from www.developmentbookshelf.com/doi/book/10.3362/9781780449869

The focus of the book is on treatment but these chapters consider treatment in its context, focusing particularly on the need to establish demand for services. There is a more detailed approach to planning for FS management in general in various EAWAG publications, in particular in the 2014 book published in conjunction with IWA - see www.eawag.ch/en/department/sandec/publik...management-fsm-book/

I hope that this is helpful

Good luck with the work

Kevin
Kevin Tayler
Independent water and sanitation consultant
Horsham
UK
The following user(s) like this post: ajnarracott

• PAyadi
  • Topic Author

Faecal sludge management in Akure, Nigeria

I am Pius Ayadi. A masters student, an urban planner who has been researching in WASH sector since 2015. Currently, I want to explore the faecal sludge management trend in Akure, Nigeria with the view of planning an efficient FSM system for the city.
As an urban planner, it has been a bit difficult to determine the scope of the work since most works in literature have been conducted by engineers.
I need help from senior colleagues here who are urban/sanitation planners working in this line of research. Thanks

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds