Biogas production in sanitation

Page selection:
  • AquaVerde
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Re: Biogas production in sanitation

Dear Christoph,
This topic is since 2011 on. Are you still interested?

I was not sure the susana-forum is the right place for the developments on ABRs + CHP, to produce renewable electrical power.

On simplified anaerobic digester + CHP, I would like to draw your attention to a very simple ABR + CHP = called CON2, up to 75 kWel. by module.
English: www.conviotec.com/innovative-biogas-tech...e-principle/?lang=en
movie:

German: www.schweizerbauer.ch/htmls/artikel_26268.html costs: 5.000€/kWel.
German: www.landtechnikmagazin.de/NawaRo-Artikel...duktion-ein-2817.php

In my opinion not only for agriculture useful, as it comes originally out of the sewage treatment! ABRs been original developed by Prof. McCarty in the 80s.

BORDA is doing on ABRs for the tropics only, since the 90s (biogas mainly for cooking).

By 07.03.2013, this ABR+CHP will be on public display at the applied science station of federal government at north of Germany near Kiel:
Landwirtschaftskammer Schleswig-Holstein
Lehr- und Versuchszentrum Futterkamp
Gutshof, 24327 Blekendorf
www.lksh.de/landwirtschaft/energiebaulan...hnik/energietechnik/

Your colleagues from akut-umwelt.de, Berlin are informed about that developments to.

Regards,
Detlef Schwager
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • guilherme

Hi Christoph, we do have some experience at OIA (www.oia.org.br), what issues interest you most in this regard?

Um abração, Gui Castagna
--
Guilherme Castagna
Fluxus Design Ecológico
Pedra Bela/SP - Brazil

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.fluxus.eco.br

• afolabibakare

Dear Chris,
Thank you for forwarding this email to me.It surely will be useful in my intrest of producing biogas to help in solving energy problem in lagos Nigeria.I will stay in tourch on this subject and will welcome further contact in this regard.
Waheed

• bastim2410

Hi Christoph,

follwing this link (www.ideassonline.org/public/pdf/BrochureBiodigestersENG.pdf) you will find more information and contact on small scale production of biogas.

Mr. Herrero from, who worked for EnDev Bolivia should also have experience: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards.
Sebastian (Bolivia)

• Aart

Dear Christoph,

It is an interesting question you are dropping. Currently Safi Sana is doing a pilot with liquid and solid organic waste re-use in Ghana. We aim to work with large scale generators but in this stage we are going to invest in a smaller version first mainly for marketing purposes. I will keep you in the loop if I have a good lead. You may do the same for me (thanks!). What is the scale you are looking for in terms of biogas production? Good luck.

Aart (Safi Sana)
Aart van den Beukel
Managing Director
Safi Sana Holding BV
Office: Sleutelsteeg 11, PO Box 5064, 1380 GB, Weesp, The Netherlands
Mobile: +31 (0)6 26086554
www.safisana.org

• christian.rieck

Dear Christoph,

I do not have a long standing experience but we tested chinese-made generators that are specified for biogas. Very small scale with 600 Watt (www.alibaba.com/product-gs/270672127/biogas_generator.html?s=p). They worked ok in the test but we have no long term experience. As an advantage the generators draw the gas from the system so you can work with a low pressure in the system.

The generator kids come with some kind of simple filter which has to be replaced from time to time (recurring costs). Heinz-Peter Mang will know for sure. You can also get in touch with Romas Radtke, the biogas colleague from AKUT who did some extensive trial electricity generation from agricultural biogas plants in Kenya.

With respect to DEWATS I would recommend to get in touch with an Indian colleague who might have some long term experience. He is called Pravinjith and runs the company Paradigm Environmental Strategies (P) Ltd. Otherwise of course the colleagues from Borda with Stefan Reuter or Andreas Schmidt. I can send you their e-mail addresses or you can find them via Google. Or send me an e-mail (click on my profile after logging in to see my e-mail address).

Cheers
Christian
GIZ Uganda
Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation (ENWASS)
Sanitation for Millions
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• christoph
    Topic Author
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Biogas production in sanitation

Hi,
in Brazil there is a growing interest in production of electricity by the use of biogas anaerobic processes in sanitation.
There is a lot of doubt about simple systems to produce energy about the necessity of cleaning and treating the biogas before putting into a motor. Does anyone have experiences of some time with generating electricity from biogas form sanitation in simple systems?

Yours
Christoph

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds