iDE’s Approach to Market Development - The Dynamics of Market Development: No Two Markets are Alike

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: iDE’s Approach to Market Development - The Dynamics of Market Development: No Two Markets are Alike

Dear KC,

I also think that short publications are highly welcome. As a compromise towards readers with a deeper interest or more time on their hands, I would recommend to perhaps add some links at the end which guide people to further readings on this topic, or particular websites (if such further readings or websites already exist).

As you mentioned your communications plan for 2016, I am wondering if perhaps Wikipedia could be another channel that might be worth considering for you?

I have thought about which Wikipedia terms might be important in the context of your work:
Perhaps these ones:

Human centered design (this is called user-centered design in Wikipedia):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User-centered_design

Market development:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_development

As you have particular experience in Bangladesh:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Bangladesh

Same for these other countries which you mentioned in the document:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Cambodia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Ethiopia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Vietnam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Zambia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_Bangladesh

Also value chain:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_chain

And sanitation supply chain (this page doesn't exist yet; it would have to be started from scratch)

The nice thing about these terms is that people might be looking them up for all sorts of reasons and without thinking of sanitation, and then suddenly they will read something about sanitation e.g. in the examples section. This might get them thinking and more aware.

If you (or anyone else) needs help in editing Wikipedia pages, just ask me. :-)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • kckoch
    Topic Author
  • I recently joined iDE from the advertising world. I have helped shape social marketing campaigns, build brands, and craft communication strategies. I apply my background in advertising, design and communications to promote iDE's Global WASH Initiative.

Re: iDE’s Approach to Market Development - The Dynamics of Market Development: No Two Markets are Alike

Thank you for your interest. I am currently working on a communications plan for 2016, and it's good to hear feedback on what others find interesting and desirable. I'll keep your request in mind. Part of the decision to produce short publications is that there seems to be an overwhelming amount of detailed literature available. I was hoping that something short and to-the-point would be more likely to be read, rather than put in the "to-read-later" bin. However, I always welcome feedback.

Thanks again for your note.

KC Koch
iDE
Global Communications Manager

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: iDE’s Approach to Market Development

Dear Koch,

This is an interesting brief. Can you develop it in more details, please?

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• kckoch
    Topic Author
  • I recently joined iDE from the advertising world. I have helped shape social marketing campaigns, build brands, and craft communication strategies. I apply my background in advertising, design and communications to promote iDE's Global WASH Initiative.

iDE’s Approach to Market Development - The Dynamics of Market Development: No Two Markets are Alike

The Dynamics of Market Development: No Two Markets are Alike.
This two-page report describes how iDE analyzes the situation in a country to design a dynamic and responsive sanitation business model. The report also compares market type, sanitation awareness, product range, supply chain maturity, manufacturing base, and government engagement across six countries iDE works in.
www.ideorg.org/OurStory/Publications/iDE_MarketDevelopment.pdf

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds