Toilet Revolution published in China

• nazimuddin

Re: Toilet Revolution published in China

Hello Arno,

Thank for your response. It has been long to talk and see you after World Water Week 2013. Currently, I am busy with teaching at the Asian University for Women in Bangladesh. I have developed three new courses on Global WASH, Urban WASH, and Environmental Health for undergraduate students. We have students from 17 countries in Asian and Middle East.

I am also involved in several international projects in America, Europe, Asian and Africa on waste and water hazards and governance. Recently, I have started a collaborative research with the University of Victoria, Canada on the water and waste hazards in the Rohingya Refugee Camps here in Bangladesh. You may be aware of the recent influx of over 700,000 Rohingya Refugees from Myanmar.

I am looking for more collaborative research projects in Asia.
Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Nazim

Sayed Mohammad Nazim Uddin, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow & Sessional Instructor
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, Canada
The following user(s) like this post: AjitSeshadri
You need to login to reply
  • AjitSeshadri

Dear Nazim.
Giving appreciation to you for your association with a large community of settlers - Rohinkya at country.
How have you planned defecation and its clearance methods, pl advise.
Is it done as OD or in toilets.
Well wishes.
  • scottchen
    Topic Author
  • trying to set up the most profitable Ecosan project for the world

Hi, Arno:
Sorry for my late thanks to you for writing the article. It is a pity that the editor deleted the words and the funny picture about our president.

Anyway, this book has brought me some good reputation.

On Oct 10th, our Agriculture Ministry invited me to make a speech about my apples and urine business to over 400 agricultural officials from 29 provinces.

This is the 1st time that our government takes me as an toilet expert ! 99% toilet experts are promoting the conventional wastewater treatment system in China. I am one of the few who is advocating Ecosan toilets in China, quite alone actually.

Thank you very much for giving me confidence on Ecosan.

Looking forward to meeting you China soon.

best wishes

Scott

Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972
  • scottchen
    Topic Author
  • trying to set up the most profitable Ecosan project for the world

Hi, Nazim :

Thank you very much for comments on this post.

I have read the article wrote by you, Zhang Jian, Zifu lee and Cheng shikun.... it is a good essay but a mistake about who invented the term, toilet revolution, in China.

FIY. Professor Zhu Jia Ming wrote a book , China needs a Toilet Revolution, in 1988. You can not imagine that Professor Zhu even installed one Clivus Multrum toilet, in a garden in Beijing during 1986-1987.

best wishes

Scott

Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972
Attachments:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 1.471 seconds