Toilet Design Award

Page selection:
  • Otterpohl
    Topic Author

Re: Toilet Design Award

Dear Emmanuel,

with the high quality of the final contributions we are now very positive that we can get a great prototype for further refinement and feedbacks. I am sure that many stepped back after seeing how difficuzlt it really is to make a proper industrial design for such a toilet.

Ralf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • emmanuel

Ralf,

I agree it is a pitty that 50 000 $ do not intrest more people to answer to such project. I was also suprise that for the project "reinvent the toilet" we just saw less than 10 projects.
I tried to find a frensh university to help me for thoses 2 projects but it is too long and to much time spent for nothing. I can not do it alone.
My feeling is that it is more a question of person in university that find interest in such projects.
What can we do ?

Regards

Emmanuel
Ecodomeo
Emanuel Morin
Ecodomeo - France
www.ecodomeo.com

• Elmersayre
  • I am an avid sanitation promoter, gardener, small-time farmer and local educator

I believe TPS is the way to go...
Elmer Sayre
Water, Agroforestry, Nutrition and Development Fdn.
Libertad, Misamis Oriental
9021 Philippines
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Otterpohl
    Topic Author

Update TPS Design Award

It is really shocking that even 50.000 $ do not really lead to a lot of activity. However, we do now have a few really excellent contributions and the winner(s) will be announced in Durban on the WTO summit.

I am convinced that we do have an excellent base for preparing a mass production of a very beautiful TPS toilet that can serve large populations. The tricky part is to get the logistics right, but this is more like a combination of solid waste collection and pit succing.

Ralf
www.tuhh.de/aww

• Otterpohl
    Topic Author

Toilet Design Award

We have prolonged the deadline for the WTO Toilet Design Award to July 2012, so applications for designs of Terra Preta Sanitation Devices and conceps according to the design briefs can still be done! See www.terra-preta-sanitation.net for more details. Please do not send material that is not following the requirements, this is different : )

The total of the prices is 50.000 US$, so far we do naot have a lot of substancial contributions.

Ralf Otterpohl
www.tuhh.de/aww
www.terra-preta-sanitation.net
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds