Memorandum of Understanding between SuSanA partner organisations?

Page selection:
  • christoph
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Re: Congrtulations Memorandum of Understanding between SuSanA partner organisations?

Congrats to those who put together the information, very clear easy and quick to find.
As a follower of this Forum I found it very interesting to see how the forum and its positive and negative aspects were rated (result of the survey) and as well the future organization of SUSANA (last aspect)

Christoph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Memorandum of Understanding between SuSanA partner organisations?

Dear Cecilia,

You asked:

I want to ask if there is available any documentation on the Core Group meeting that took place last April in Eschborn.

A complete, detailed and very nice documentation of that core group meeting is now available here (the link will also soon be sent out with the next SuSanA news mail):
susana.org/lang-en/meetings/core-group/2...-eschborn-april-2013

You asked:

But we can at least suggest to the 'core group' to address this issue in their next meeting and bring this topic in the agenda of the next SuSanA meeting (btw., does someone have any idea of when or where it will take place?).

The next SuSanA meeting is planned to be in Stockholm, before, after or alongside the World Water Week. Details are yet to be announced. The Stockholm World Water Week is from 1-6 September 2013: www.worldwaterweek.org/
I hope many people are able to make it to the next SuSanA meeting. I would normally say if you can't come in person then join virtually via the internet. But that is unfortunately pretty difficult because the internet connection in the hall where the meeting normally takes place (at the university) is not that good.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• AquaVerde
    Topic Author
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Dear Cecília,

In the meantime I tried to find more details or the "blue print" of M&B Gates Foundation's policy on "Global Access and Intellectual Property" on their website and contacted M&B Gates Foundation very direct, without success.

It seams to me it is only a bluer but bold statement by this organisation?!

I by my self would like to "Copy-Paste" this "blue print" to possible secure in an upcoming project the intended "International Open Source" approach against simple "Copy-Paste" by rough companies and "experts".

Maybe your Core Group is more successful on the issue :))

Best Regards,
Detlef
www.aqua-verde.de, AquaVerde Ltd. Zanzibar
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

• CeciliaRodrigues

Dear Detlef,

I totally agree with you and as far as I know, SuSanA already has the right (or at least an informal agreement) to re-publish knowledge products of some partners. A copy-left MoU would reaffirm SuSanA as an 'open and collaborative knowledge platform'.

I don‘t know how we could operationalize this. But we can at least suggest to the 'core group' to address this issue in their next meeting and bring this topic in the agenda of the next SuSanA meeting (btw., does someone have any idea of when or where it will take place?).

Still in this topic, I want to ask if there is available any documentation on the Core Group meeting that took place last April in Eschborn.

All the best,
Cecília.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

• AquaVerde
    Topic Author
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Memorandum of Understanding between SuSanA partner organisations?

Dear Cecília and Elisabeth,

I came across as well this situation of not having equal access to many key information on water & sanitation issues in general (see this example: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/39-mis...models-of-governance). Over the years it got only a bit better thanks to SUSANA and others. But still sometimes only very personal and informal contacts to "key-holder" allow an access to existing key-documents.

I guess many others in the world of permanent learning and know-how exchange made similar experiences too.

May I suggest to reduce this kind of limitation on information and know-how flow, at least between the members and "users" of SUSANA. Maybe to start with a kind of MoU between the Alliance-members first?

In this regard M&B Gates Foundation's policy on "Global Access and Intellectual Property" could be a positive blue print for SUSANA. I found their stated approach on that issue most refreshing, so much different to what we all know about Microsoft, making on foundation issues involved sure, all people receiving the "key" and not only the same key-holders again and again.

I guess to have a MoU, statement or policy on "Global Access and Intellectual Property" in place is maybe an easy thing to do, but to make it permanent happen/work is a different animal too.

What is the view of Alliance-members and "-users" on a possible SUSANA MoU/policy on "Global Access and Intellectual Property"?

I am not sure this is the right place to bring up this issue. The moderators of this forum may move this "message" to the right place to have a fruitful discussion between many Alliance-members and "-users" too.

[note by moderator (EvM): I have moved it to here, I think it fits well with other strategic discussions of SuSanA, like mission statement and alike]

Best Regards,

Detlef SCHWAGER

AquaVerde
stromlose Sanitärlösungen
Low-Tech Lösungen mit High-Tech Effekten
inspiriert durch C2C
T: 034774 70672
www.aqua-verde.de

Zitat von Roger Cox (NL): C2C seems to be the first sound environmentally friendly moneymaking business-proposal. D.h. gesellsch., ökol. und wirtschaftl. Gewinn stehen nicht im Gegensatz zueinander, sondern ergänzen sich zu einem Prinzip, dass diesen Prinzipien, isoliert gesehen, bei weitem überlegen ist. "www.TURNTOO.com"
www.aqua-verde.de, AquaVerde Ltd. Zanzibar
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/
The following user(s) like this post: CeciliaRodrigues

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds