Uganda UDDTs - Sourcing urine-diverter pans

Page selection:
  • zyang
  • User

Re: Reply: Uganda UDDTs - Sourcing urine-diverter pans

Dear Sir,
We have different types urine diversion pan being produced in China. If needed we can further discuss.
Regards,
Zhenbo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: Uganda UDDTs - Sourcing urine-diverter pans

They seem to have temporary issues with their IT (two weeks ago the website was still working). It's a big factory, so maybe just pass by when you are in Kampala.

Alternatively, Kentainers ( www.kentainers.co.ke/ ) is their equivalent in Kenia (not sure what the corporate structure is exactly) that offer the same products. If you talk to them, they can probably also advise you on who to ask regarding the availability in Uganda.

• EcoSanMan
  • Topic Author

Thanks very much JK,

I tried emailing Crestank. Unfortunately I got returned an 'invalid email' error.

I had their email as: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Does this look right to you ?

-Cheers,
Liam

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Not sure what their status is these days, but in theory the ATC in Mukono was set up to help with these kind of questions:
www.atc.washuganda.net/

But you can always get some large plastic funnels and embed them in concrete for an improvised urine diversion.

Edit: You can also ask Crestank (their website is currently down, but it is a large plastic producer in Kampala opposite of the URA offices) if they still supply the Ekoloo/Ekoplate products.

• EcoSanMan
  • Topic Author

Uganda UDDTs - Sourcing urine-diverter pans

Hello,

My name is Liam Manley. I am a recent engineering graduate at Sheffield University, UK.

I am involved in a project teaching a rural community in Kampala, Uganda to build their own UDDT using local skills and resources.

The project begins on 17/07 with me and an engineering peer flying to Uganda to introduce the technology to the community and hold community meetings to ensure the design is as culturally acceptable and economically viable as possible.

We have started sourcing materials. One vital component we have been unable to secure is the urine-diverter squatting pan.

I have been reading various case studies introducing UDDTs to communities in Uganda - so I know they can be bought somewhere in the country.

If anyone could give any advice as to how to obtain the urine-diverter pans you could be saving our project.

Thanks,
Liam

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds