New book! Innovations for Urban Sanitation: Adapting Community-led Approaches

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: New book! Innovations for Urban Sanitation: Adapting Community-led Approaches

Dear Elaine,
Your book is now in the SuSanA library here: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3406

Bibliographic information:
Myers, J., Cavill, S., Musyoki, S., Pasteur, K., Stevens, L. (2018). Innovations for Urban Sanitation - Adapting Community-led Approaches. Rugby, UK, Practical Action Publishing, ISBN 978-1-78044-738-4 ePub

(if anything needs changing please e-mail me)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • ElaineMercer
    Topic Author
  • Communications and Networking Officer for the Sanitation Learning Hub, Institute of Development Studies, in the UK.

Re: New book! Innovations for Urban Sanitation: Adapting Community-led Approaches

Dear Elisabeth,
Thanks so much for sharing these links and adding some citations to Wikipedia. Very much appreciated!
Best wishes
Elaine
Elaine Mercer
Communications and Networking Officer
The Sanitation Learning Hub
The Institute of Development Studies
sanitationlearninghub.org/

• ElaineMercer
    Topic Author
  • Communications and Networking Officer for the Sanitation Learning Hub, Institute of Development Studies, in the UK.

Dear Ainul,
Thanks for your interest in the book - I hope you managed to download it from the link Elisabeth provided below.
Many thanks
Elaine
Elaine Mercer

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Ainul,
Please try again. I think it works now. See here:
www.developmentbookshelf.com/doi/book/10.3362/9781780447360

or here: www.communityledtotalsanitation.org/reso...unity-led-approaches

So good to see that this book is available free of charge.

I've included as a citation in the Wikipedia article on CLTS: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community-led_total_sanitation
If I had more time, I would go through the book with a fine comb and see what else can be utilised to improve that Wikipedia article by using different parts of the book as a reference. Maybe in future some time.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: JotaCarlos

• ainulfirdatun
  • Junior Lecturer and Researcher at Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) | Former SuSanA Intern

Dear ElaineMercer,

I had a problem when I tried to download the publication. Whenever I click download, it leads me to a verification page but nothing happens afterwards. Does anyone has the same problem?

Regards,
Ainul

• ElaineMercer
    Topic Author

New book! Innovations for Urban Sanitation: Adapting Community-led Approaches

The CLTS Knowledge Hub is pleased to announce the launch of its new book Innovations for Urban Sanitation: Adapting Community-led Approaches!

Over half the world’s population now lives in urban areas and a large proportion of them lives without improved sanitation. This book has been developed in response to calls from practitioners for practical guidance on how to mobilise communities and improve different parts of the sanitation chain in urban areas. Urban Community-Led Total Sanitation is potentially an important piece of a bigger puzzle. It offers a set of approaches, tools and tactics for practitioners to move towards safely managed sanitation services. The book provides examples of towns and cities in Africa, South Asia and South-East Asia which have used these approaches.

The book is published by Practical Action and is available for purchase in print or download a PDF copy for free or by individual chapters. More info here. .
Elaine Mercer
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, JotaCarlos

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds