Biological Septic tank for outback & rural areas

Page selection:
  • hussio
    Topic Author
  • I am Hussein Ibrahim, from Sudan, have been graduated as master degree holder in Water resources development &Management from UNESCO chair inistitution, Due to my last work with NGO's I have gained a llot of experiences in serving the rural communities I would like to share my humble experiences with professionals in this Org.

Re: Biological Septic tank for outback & rural areas

Thank you Elisabeth
for your comment

The aeration takes place at the above layers of the tank at the surface of water in order  the  tsutisfy the oxygen demand bacteria,  wile still the non oxygen or anaerobic bacteria is living and developing at the bottom layer inside the tank,  the selective bacteria living in the middle layer, anaerobic degradation is taking place to  the sludge tend to be at the buttom, where  only the aerated water will be dispessed d to wells and by time the water at the bottom when it foated  to the surface  then it will be disposal  after detention time launching of the blend of  degradation of multi kind of bacteria will decreases the sludg

The effluent that will disposal to the wells will rise to the surface gradually

The compination of the three kind of bacteria will resulted in high quality of effluent that can be disposal safely to the wells,  considering the environment and safe when it perculate deeply to the ground water
On the other hand the aerated water can be reused as fertilizers in better way than only treated water by anaerobic degradation 

This mechanisim is resulted in good effluent such as  the same of open lagons,  which is usefull in irrigation of wooden trees and green fences

Best regards,
Hussein Ibrahim
Hussein Ibrahim,
Master degree holder in Water resources development &Management from
UNESCO chair
Inventor and researcher
zebraagriculture and water engineering systems

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

I think if you create an aerobic environment in a septic tank by adding air/oxygen, then it's no longer a "septic tank".
See definition of septic tank here:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank

The word "septic" refers to an anaerobic environment.

How about rather calling it "biological, aerated underground tank for on-site sewage treatment" or something like that?
Also if you are adding air then this will also result in more excess sludge production eventually (called waste activated sludge in the case of an activated sludge process), so you probably have to empty the sludge out of the tank more often than for a septic tank.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: hussio

• amugabe

Dear Hussein, 
Thanks for this interesting project,  I had developed one but it only used anaerobic digestion.  I would wish you share with me the detailed  write up with the drawings so as I can well interpret the stage at which aerobic process starts.  Thanks
Regards 
Albert mugabe 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: AjitSeshadri

• hussio
    Topic Author
  • I am Hussein Ibrahim, from Sudan, have been graduated as master degree holder in Water resources development &Management from UNESCO chair inistitution, Due to my last work with NGO's I have gained a llot of experiences in serving the rural communities I would like to share my humble experiences with professionals in this Org.

Tanks Mr. Tam, 
Adding oxygen can be done by bloking gasses direction from the eg. disposal well back into the direction of the septic tank,  and fixing a pipe  in  the direction of inflluent to let air come in from one direction to let air come from the direction of the inflluent and with each flushing the is sir sucking in force that let air come,  but if we bloke the gasses direction,  to not come inside in the oposit direction throu eflluent regulator,  then we govern the air come inside from the right direction,  but we have to regulate the effluent to go outside without let gasses to come in the oposit direction of out flow
Hussein Ibrahim,
UNESCO chair
Inventor and researcher

• HarryTams

Hello Hussein
Your proposal sounds very good. Please let us have more detail regarding the method you use for adding oxygen to stimulate aerobic activity.
Harry

• hussio
    Topic Author

I think adding the Oxygen demand bacteria in the septic tank,  will result in good quality eflluents containing Vulvic acid & Humic acid similarry  as what happiens in prepairing Compost out of organic matterials,  this treated water is very fertile nd it can be reused in irrigation of the wooden trees,  and adding aerobic bacteria will reduce Odor, using only anaerobic bacteria will result in hydrocarbonic gasses,  it is good for those who are looking for bio gass for other purposes but it prevent good result fertilizers and change all degradated organic matterials in Carbon setteled down at the bottom with low value of fertilizers
Hussein Ibrahim,
UNESCO chair
Inventor and researcher

• Ashok

It is very interesting.
I would like to make a prototype in concrete.
Can you share the Auto cad drawings and the proposal which you have made.
My e mail address is 

• hussio
    Topic Author

Biological Septic tank for outback & rural areas

Dear all
Thanks for you for offering this opportunity to contact you
I would like to inform you that I have developed and invented a Saptic - Tank,  under the topic of Multi Degradation Bio - Septic tank.  This system is sauitable for rurals and outback places,  who are not able to connect their waste water with centeral waste water treatment plants,  as what happiens in cities
The system is espected to producing good quality efflunt can be reused to irrigate at least the wooden trees that resulted of the treatment,
The system has a sucking in mechanism can can let Oxygen to come inside the unit, thus  to sutisfy the Aerobic bacteria and selective ones,working to gether with   the anaerobic bacteria at the pottom
The compenation of multi kind of bacteria can digest the hurd organic matterials in better way,
Also the system has a mechanic to prevent gasses to come back from ultimate or storage or disposal wells and  to not mixed with the oxygen that come inside the unit to feed the oxygen demand bacteria

And it has barriers and tracks to separate oils and grases,  beside internal barriers to regulate air in
This unit is not cmplicated and very chaep,  that can be constructed of fiber glass or by molding it by concreat, I have done all required proposal and Auto cad drawings and I am waiting your kindly feed back about contibute in discussion
Br,  Hussein Ibrahim
Hussein Ibrahim,
UNESCO chair
Inventor and researcher
The following user(s) like this post: HarryTams, amugabe

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds