How do we use our data?

• johnpeterarcher

Re: How do we use our data?

Hi Elisabeth,

Two great additional resources that we use explain the role of data scientists and the purpose of data dives are here:

What's the difference between a data analyst, scientist and engineer?

What are data dives?

We plan to publish the findings from March's data dive by the end of May. Following this, we are keen to start a broader conversation with sanitation providers to understand of the data that they currently collect (and how they collect it). We would love to host a webinar to introduce this and engage with decision makers who want to use improved data to inform the allocation of their resources.

John

Co-Founder of Gather: we want to make it possible for the sanitation sector to share data to locate the gaps in service provision.
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge
You need to login to reply
  • MarcusErridge
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Focused on the human to sanitation. Intersted in data, demand, and why people want toilets.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing this information.

I am a PhD Human Rights student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal, and am doing some preparation for a research project, to commence next year. My research will focus on the human right to sanitation and the use of mobile technologies, Mobile Survey Tools, and data efforts to quantify demand for toilets in the context of SDG 6.

I found this thread very interesting, and appreciate the various sources cited.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
  • johnpeterarcher

Hi Marcus,

Great to hear about your research. It would be interesting to know if you are focusing on a particular region and if you will be looking at both urban and rural sanitation. Look forward to learning more about your work!

JPA

Co-Founder of Gather: we want to make it possible for the sanitation sector to share data to locate the gaps in service provision.
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge
  • MarcusErridge
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Focused on the human to sanitation. Intersted in data, demand, and why people want toilets.

Thank you John,

I do hope to look at different factors in urban, rural, and peri-urban environments as the reasons people may want toilets may be quite different. I haven't narrowed in on specific geographies as yet. I'm in the process of identifying data tools (MSTs etc.) used, sourcing case studies, and looking for any available secondary data sets people might be willing to share. A long road ahead of me, and any suggestions and wisdom from this forum will be most helpful.

Best wishes,

Marcus
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds