Vermicomposting as a Commercial Opportunity (Kenya)

Page selection:
  • Jkariuki
    Topic Author
  • Engineer - Entreprenuer

Re: Vermicomposting as a Commercial Opportunity (Kenya)

Thanks Elizabeth.

I will explore further on this. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Vermicomposting as a Commercial Opportunity (Kenya)

Hi John,
Welcome to the SuSanA discussion forum! Are you referring to solid waste (like kitchen waste) or liquid waste (i.e. wastewater from households or toilets)? You have come to the right place if you're looking for alternatives to septic tanks. 

If you're interested in vermitechnology, please browse the previous threads in the three sub-categories that are shown here for vermitechnology: forum.susana.org/vermitechnology

Perhaps those publications, names and ideas explained there will give you some leads to find connections in Kenya. You can also ask further questions here, and someone will likely help, especially if your questions are quite specific.

All the best,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Jkariuki
    Topic Author
  • Engineer - Entreprenuer

Vermicomposting as a Commercial Opportunity.

Greetings to you all,

I am new here and my name is John Kariuki from Kenya. I am a construction engineer and I joined this forum a few months ago to gain more knowledge on sewage waste disposal. 
After anlysing various technologies here, my conclusion is, vermicomposting seems to offer the best promise for waste disposal in urban areas of Africa.
Currently I have several clients including two churches all facing the challenge of waste disposal in water logged soils. 
I would like to hand over my clients (waste disposal only) to a serious company .
My question is, are there any companies with expertice in vermicomposting operating in Kenya.?
Alternatively , are there any investors out there, with expertice in vermicomposting willing to invest in Kenya. 
I am also open to other waste disposal systems particularly if they do away with regular emptying of a septic tank.
Thanks. 
I can be contacted on this forum or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds