Looking for successful sanitation project examples that operate at least 10 years

Page selection:
  • csk
    Topic Author
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

Re: Looking for successful sanitation project examples that operate at least 10 years

Thanks for sharing, paresh. We will have a look. 

Kind regards

Shikun
Shikun Cheng,
Associate professor, Ph.D
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation (CSES)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Faginess

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • csk
    Topic Author
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

Re: Looking for successful sanitation project examples that operate at least 10 years

Thanks for you information, will keep in touch, also for GHG emission from on-site sanitation systems.

Kind regards

Shikun
Shikun Cheng,
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am a patient person :)

Dear Shikun,
The first FSTP in India at Devanhalli became operational in 2015 (about 7 years earlier). You can find related resources through a simple google search and on SuSanA platform itself (www.susana.org/en/search?search=devanhalli). I am not sure if any of the other FSM related projects operating in India would fit your criteria. 

On the other hand numerous decentralised and nature based solutions have been in operations longer  and may fit what you are looking for. (see here and here for some examples) 

Regards
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum

• rkaupp
  • Rémi Kaupp Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

Hi Shikun,

By a happy coincidence, Clean Team Ghana and Sanima (previous x-runner) have just celebrated their 10 years. Sanergy and Loowatt have been operating since 2011, SOIL since 2009. All have been operating container-based sanitation systems continously, with a variety of treatment options.

There is a fair amount of literature on them, notably on cbsa.global/resources

All the best
Rémi
Rémi Kaupp
Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance
The following user(s) like this post: paresh

• csk
    Topic Author

Looking for successful sanitation project examples that operate at least 10 years

Dear friends and colleagues,
We are looking for successful long-term operational examples of sanitation projects related to fecal sludge treatment plants and toilet management. Back-end = treatment could be done by several technologies like composting, digestion (biogas), combustion, gasification, and pyrolysis with or without co-substrates. These could be multi-user or single-user sanitation systems, or public or private systems.

We will propose these examples to be studied on their success factors. Financial support requests for this field study will be targeted to several foundations and donors.

We need some background information on these systems and if they are still operational for at least 10-15 years or even better with more.

So, if you have some ideas, please let me know. Some potential target countries could be Bangladesh, Burundi, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, China, Chile, Ghana, India, Jordan, Lesotho, Morocco, Nepal, Rwanda, and Tanzania, but many more sites and countries can be proposed for this deep analysis.

Welcome to contact us by mailing to Heinz-Peter Mang (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or Shikun Cheng (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

Best greetings and many thanks

Shikun
Shikun Cheng,

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds