Request support to edit Wikipedia Article on Manual Scavenging

Page selection:
  • paresh
    Topic Author
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India.I am a patient person :)

Request support to edit Wikipedia Article on Manual Scavenging

Dear All,
I have been working on the Wikipedia article  on Manual scavenging intermittently for a few months now (my  contribution  and page statistics)   and think it would benefit a great deal from our diverse understanding of the issue.  

I think the article could discuss what work counts as  and should be counted as manual scavenging, clearly highlight the gender aspects of the work, discuss health issues faced by workers, the struggles faced by workers after they've liberated themselves from the job. A colleague recently highlighted that the article is very India centric, though the practice has been recorded across the sub-continent.  I am sure this list will expand substantially with our collective inputs.

Through this post, I solicit support for editing the article. If you don't have time to edit, you could help by identifying and listing flaws and shortcomings in the article or suggest references (preferably open source, can be scholarly articles and opinion pieces).  Earlier discussion regarding manual scavenging can be found here  and  here    

And if you spot any typos in the Wikipedia article, just go ahead and correct them please (you don't even need a Wikipedia login for that).

Thanks,
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, AjitSeshadri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds