New Wikipedia article on self-supply in water and sanitation

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: New Wikipedia article on self-supply in water and sanitation

I fully agree with Matthias: it was fun to work together on this Wikipedia article on self-supply in water and sanitation and I learnt a lot!:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-supply_of_water_and_sanitation

(Wikipedia is really great for collaborating across sectors, countries, experience levels...)

As Wikipedia is a "web of knowledge" it is important to add Wikipedia-links from other articles to this one. So far we have thought of linking FROM the following articles TO this article:

Hygiene ‎
Sanitation ‎
Rainwater harvesting ‎
Off-the-grid ‎
Hand pump ‎
Community-led total sanitation ‎
Portable water purification ‎
Rope pump ‎
Water supply and sanitation in Bolivia ‎
Water well ‎
Safe household water storage ‎
Water supply and sanitation in Sub-Saharan Africa ‎
Water supply and sanitation in Zimbabwe ‎
Container-based sanitation ‎
Household-led water supply (redirect page) ‎
Emergency sanitation ‎

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksH...water_and_sanitation

Have we missed any other topics that should be interlinked?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MatthiasS

This is a short message to share with you the good news that Self-supply now is on Wikipedia. You can check out the recently born article:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-supply_of_water_and_sanitation

Several people worked on it, and I would like to thank people from the SuSanA network who contributed to the article – it was very positive to see the similarities of Self-supply approaches in water and sanitation. Everyone involved was happy with how Wikipedia facilitates collaboration across organization but also across the rather separated silos of water and sanitation.

I will keep an eye on the article and also encourage others to keep improving it - an article on Wikipedia is never finished...

Best regards,
Matthias
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• MatthiasS

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for your inputs. I support the suggestion of changing the title, as "Self-supply" is not used outside the water/sanitation sector, as far as I know.
I will keep working on this - who else joins?
Best regards,
Matthias

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: WG 2: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19-21 March)! - Example: new article on self supply

Hi Matthias,

I've just taken a look at your draft Wikipedia article on self supply (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Self-supply)

It looks very good already!

Do you have your preferences set in Wikipedia in a way to receive e-mail notifications of changes to your article? I hope so because I just wrote on the talk page there and I hope you saw my comments?
See here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_talk:Self-supply

It's really great to see in the revision history that several people from the edit-a-thon team have worked on this article and helped to improve it!! (en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Draft...upply&action=history)

I think it is close to being ready for re-submission (have a look at the talk page for further details).

But perhaps others here from the forum would be willing to take a look and either give you advice or jump straigh in and edit it further?

I am wondering if the title should really be self supply though. Wouldn't it be better to make it "Self supply in water and sanitation" or something like that? Or did you decide the shorter the better?

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. I might break this off into a separate thread at a later stage.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• ruthmiskelly
    Topic Author
  • Working to support the SuSanA Working Groups and enhance Global South participation in SuSanA

New Wikipedia article on self-supply in water and sanitation

Hello everyone,

A group from the Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) have been working on a new Wikipedia article related to Market Development. This page is on Self-Supply (Self-supply in the Water and Sanitation sector refers to an approach of incremental improvements to water and sanitation services, which are mainly financed by the user.)

Please check the page out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Self-supply

The RWSN group invites Edit-a-thon participants to get involved in editing this draft Wikipedia article. The page is currently in draft form and it would be excellent if, through working together, we can bring it up to standard to be accepted as a Wikipedia article.

Thanks to the writers from RWSN for the collaboration with SuSanA! :)

WG2 Edit-a-thon participants, what do you think? Can you contribute to editing this article?

Please don't forget to officially register for the event here: outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Su...2017?enroll=xjwmpagf with your Wikipedia Username. All the details about the event are now available on a single page here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/S...s_you_can_contribute

Looking forward to editing with you all :)
Ruth
Ruth Miskelly
Knowledge and Network Officer - Sanitation
WaterAid
Working on the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Phase 3 SuSanA project (see here: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127)
The following user(s) like this post: MatthiasS

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds