Is anyone working on an SFD (shit flow diagram) for Addis Ababa in Ethiopia?

Page selection:
  • Elinoo

Re: Is anyone working on an SFD ?

Hi everyone,

Before reinventing the wheel, I'm wondering whether anyone is working on an SFD for Addis Ababa?

I see other cities in Ethiopia have their SFDs up on the portal but I haven't been able to find one for Addis.

If anyone is underway in their research please do let me know as PSI would love to support! Alternatively if anyone would like to collaborate on this endeavor or share any resources they may have to help us get started it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Elham

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • kengelly
    Topic Author

Re: SFD for Addis Ababa?

Hi everyone,

This is fantastic, thank you so much! I know there is a lot happening in Addis, and I want to make sure that we are able to learn from the great work others have done! As far as I can tell, there isn't a formal SFD for Addis just yet but there is a lot of interest.

Daniel, I'll be sure to reach out Dorothee, thanks. Higu, I'll send an email in a moment.
In addition, I am sharing several resources that were shared with me via email in case others on the thread are similarly seeking resources on FSM for Ethiopia.

I'll be sure to share any updates we have, and if we start developing an SFD. Do reach out in the meantime if others have suggested contacts or findings!

Best,
Genevieve
Genevieve Kelly
Graduate Student | MBA & MPH
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA | tel: 570-854-5075 skype: kengelly
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• higuenvironment

dear kengelly, i have a study on willingness to pay and the relater factor study for improved sanitation in slum area of addis ababa. so if you wish to use it contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 251918314818.

thank you

Higu Kefale

• ddiba
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Hi Genevieve,
I suggest that you get in touch with Dorothee Spuhler (seecon/Eawag - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). I'm not sure if she has done work in Addis Ababa specifically but I do know that part of her on-going PhD project is to do with sanitation planning in Arba Minch, also in Ethiopia. She (or her colleagues/partners in Arba Minch) may be able to connect you to people in Addis.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba

• kengelly
    Topic Author

Hi all,

Given the lack of replies, my guess is that there aren't any SFDs underway for Addis. That being said, if anyone has FSM experience in Addis, I'd love to get in touch. I'm particularly looking to understand the available technologies that are up and running there and to learn from what is (and isn't) working in this space.

Cheers,
Genevieve
Genevieve Kelly
Johns Hopkins University
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• kengelly
    Topic Author

Is anyone working on an SFD (shit flow diagram) for Addis Ababa in Ethiopia?

Hi everyone,

Before reinventing the wheel, I'm wondering whether anyone is working on an SFD for Addis Ababa?

I see other cities in Ethiopia have their SFDs up on the portal but I haven't been able to find one for Addis.

If anyone is underway in their research please do let me know as PSI would love to support! Alternatively if anyone would like to collaborate on this endeavor or share any resources they may have to help us get started it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Genevieve
Genevieve Kelly
Johns Hopkins University
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds