New publication: Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies

Page selection:
  • Wolase

Re: New publication: Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies

In French:
Très beau document ! Avec un traitement à fond des différentes thématiques. Merci pour le travail abattu.

++++++++++

English:
Very nice document! With a thorough treatment of the different themes. Thank you for your work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jrmcconville
  • I have a background in environmental engineering and planning with a focus on sanitation and wastewater management. My research focuses on resource recovery using concepts of sustainability, life-cycle thinking, participation, serious gaming and decision-support frameworks to better understand and shape planning processes.

Re: New publication: Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies

Fantastic! Thanks Elisabeth!
Dr. Jennifer McConville
Associate Professor

Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Department of Energy and Technology
Environmental Engineering
Box 7032, SE-750 07 UPPSALA
Telephone: +46 18-672 816
Mobile: +46 76 783 7084
Blogg: blogg.slu.se/kretsloppsteknik/
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Jennifer,

Very nice document, your "Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies". I have included some information from it in the Wikipedia article "Reuse of excreta" and cited it six times, see here (go to the bottom, reference number 4, then you see the little letters a, b, c to link you to where the reference is used):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuse_of_excreta

I have done this for two reasons:
  • Improve the Wikipedia article.
  • Give your document more exposure so that more people will read it.
If you can think of further content that could be utilised from your guide for this or other Wikipedia articles, please let me know (keeping in mind that Wikipedia articles are written for lay persons so we can't go into too much detail or use technical terms; but we can link to other existing Wikipedia articles for more information).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Dear all, 

The guide can now be found on the SuSanA library using the following link  ( Guide to Sanitation Resource Recovery Products & Technologies - Resources • SuSanA )

Feel free to share and discuss this report with other members who might be interested. 

Best regards,
Salua
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Thanks Jennifer. The guide can be uploaded to the forum as it's only 15 MB (the size limit is 19 MB). So I am adding it here. It will also be uploaded to the SuSanA library soon.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has an attachment file.

The following user(s) like this post: scottchen, Heiner, Wolase

• jrmcconville
  • I have a background in environmental engineering and planning with a focus on sanitation and wastewater management. My research focuses on resource recovery using concepts of sustainability, life-cycle thinking, participation, serious gaming and decision-support frameworks to better understand and shape planning processes.

The Guide is done! But it is too large to upload to this forum and our staff who are responsible for our website are on vacation. I have shared it with SuSanA and hope that it can be added to the SuSanA library soon.

I will share the link as soon as the it is available on our website.

Happy New Year!
Dr. Jennifer McConville
Associate Professor

Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Department of Energy and Technology
Environmental Engineering
Box 7032, SE-750 07 UPPSALA
Telephone: +46 18-672 816
Mobile: +46 76 783 7084
Blogg: blogg.slu.se/kretsloppsteknik/
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Elisabeth

Hi Lizy,
I am also wondering about that and have now sent the authors an e-mail to enquire. It does look like an interesting document and it had a big launch event, so the interest is high. :-) 

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• LizyPalmer

Where is this guide please? 

• Elisabeth

Hi Daniel,

Is the guide available now? The presentation said it would be in the SuSanA library by 19 November but I couldn't find it. Just wondering if I missed its announcement. I mean your "Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies".

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• ddiba
    Topic Author
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Dear Colleagues,
The video recording from this webinar is now available on the SuSanA YouTube channel.
Please see below or use this link: 

The PowerPoint slides from the webinar are also attached to this post below.
This attachment is hidden for guests.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba

This message has an attachment file.

• ddiba
    Topic Author
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your interest in the book and in the webinar next week.
The book is a little over 100 pages altogether.
I have alerted Jennifer McConville, who has led the book's development, about your offer to contribute to a Spanish translation.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba

• canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Dear Daniel,

I am very excited to see this book. How long is it? 

I am available to help with English proofreading and translation into Spanish of this sort of project, in the interest of getting the message out as clearly and broadly as possible.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds