Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

25.8k views

Page selection:
  • mekonnen145
  • User is blocked
  • Mr. Mekonnen is working in the Ethiopian civil service university, teaching environmental sciences. He is a dedicated researcher on water and wastewater management. Mr. Mekonnen is serving as the IHE Delft Alumni network coordinator in Ethiopia. He has received his MSc degree in Environmental Science and Technology from UNESCO-IHE.

Re: [WG5] Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

Dear team,

I can contribute on:

- Physical meetings/events: support the organization of WG5 physical meetings mainly in conjunction with SuSanA meetings and also identify other events of interest to WG5 topic
- Publications: curate up-to-date lists of relevant publications related to WG5 topic (perhaps once or twice a year), support the identification of potential ideas and contributing authors for WG5-related publications and provide feedback on new WG5-related publications (e.g. review)
- Capacity building: identify and curate capacity building activities related to WG5

Kind regards,

Attachment not found

Mekonnen Maschal Tarekegn (Lecturer of Environmental
Sciences-ECSU/SGS/ECCM; PhD candidate-Environmental Polution & Sanitation-Addis Ababa University/Center for
Environmental Sciences)

Tel: +251911879718; P.o.Box:26148, Skype: mekonnen145;

www.aau.edu.et/cns/center-for-environmental-science/

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • smejia

Re: [WG5] Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

Dear Daniel, thanks for the initiative !! my background is related to rural development, food security. I have good experience in cooperation for development issues.. Imwould like to contribute to the group on the following roles: Policy Issues and meetings/Events.

Regards

Sandra Mejia

• reynolds

Re: Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

I will contribute my quota to Capacity building. Thank you.

• fenradnigeria

Dear Gina and others
Thanks for the Invitation to join the Group and we appreciate the Work you are doing
I comrade Nelson Nnanna Nwafor Volunteer to join the Working group as An Environmental Advocate working on the areas of Agriculture and Climate Change mitigation and Adaptation promise to contribute the success of the Project
Looking forward for the Response with the terms of Reference
Best Regards

• fansasia

Dear Gina and Daniel,

Thank you for taking the lead. I am interested in the following roles;
Primarily, Policy issues and advocacy: raise awareness and advocate on various policy processes and issues related to WG5
Secondary,
Webinars: support the organization of SuSanA webinars (e.g. twice a year) on WG5-related topics
Publications: curate up-to-date lists of relevant publications related to WG5 topic (perhaps once or twice a year), support the identification of potential ideas and contributing authors for WG5-related publications and provide feedback on new WG5-related publications (e.g. review)
- Capacity building: identify and curate capacity building activities related to WG5
more later.

Narasimha Reddy Donthi
201, Aarthi Residency, Laxminagar Colony,
Saidabad, Hyderabad 500 059 (Telangana), India
Ph. 0091-40-24077804
Alternate e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @DonthiNreddy
Visit: donthinreddy.wordpress.com/, www.pmger.org, agropedia.iitk.ac.in/users/nreddy/track

Celebrate World Handloom Day on 7th August, 2018 - Buy Handlooms, Be Happy

• BEDEMIR

Hello everyone,
I am happy to see this hand extended to us so that we can contribute in our own way to the good functioning of SuSanA in which we fight.
We are already doing this with other structures through our contribution to:
1- the life of the RWSN since 2015 and the holding of the forum in ABIDJAN from 29.30 November to 02 December 2016
2- the holding of the INNOVATE 4 WATER forum organized in Geneva at the headquarters of WIPO by WATERPRENEURS and its partners from 07 to 09 June 2017
We believe we can contribute to:
Meetings / Physical Events: Support the organization of GT5 physical meetings primarily in conjunction with SuSanA meetings and also identify other events of interest for the GT5 topic.

I would like to be honest with you. I am Francophone and at times my English could limit me. Thank you for considering this in our communication in SuSanA's GT5.

Once again thank you for the trust placed in us. We will try to be able to deserve it.

Best regards

Denis Ngonian Kouakou
Conseiller de la Mutualité & œuvres Sociales en Milieu Scolaire
B.P. 84 Soubré République de Côte d'Ivoire
Directeur Exécutif ONG BEDEMIR
Siège: petit marché 01 rue Okrouyo face boulangerie du Gabon
www.bedemir.com E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. / This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012740672053&sk
Tel: 00(225)07321595

• fernandojcmf

Re: Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

Dear Daniel and team,

I can contribute to role:

(i) Physical meetings/events (Brazil, Center West, Pantanal and Cerrado Biome, State of Mato Grosso do Sul); and
(ii) Publications and Capacity building.

Best regards.

--
Ing., Prof. Dr. Fernando Jorge Correa Magalhães Filho,
PhD and Consultant in Water Resources and Sanitation,
Head of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering Department,
Masters and Doctoral Program of Environmental Sciences and Agricultural Sustainability
Dom Bosco Catholic University - UCDB,
Brazilian Association of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering (ABES),
Resource-Oriented Sanitation Research Group (Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul).
orcid.org/0000-0001-5447-0137/print
lattes.cnpq.br/5266034163588630
site.ucdb.br/
abes-dn.org.br/

doi.org/10.1080/10934529.2017.1422954
DOI 10.1007/s10098-017-1361-x
doi: 10.5004/dwt.2017.20850

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• imadiroud

I'm on with anything to help on your cause
I'm a Master Engineer ( Low Current) with more than 22 years experience in engineering and management . I have the privilege of knowing 4 languages and being exposed to different cultures during learning of those languages. I'm an open minded deep thinking and enthusiastic person .I have been in the defense industry for more than 20 years in which I managed to grow up to Division Manager and then decided to change career and look for different horizons, I was involved in development and upgrade of many control systems in cooperation with major players like David Brown in the field of DC and AC drives and BAE Systems in the field of Armored Vehicles rebuild machinery .My broad knowledge of a wide variety of engineering disciplines make me able to fit any place where knowledge and experience are the best bit.
I'm considered a leading expert in the field of radar systems and radar guided missile defense systems. I have graduated from one of the most elite military colleges of the former U

• vissumo
  • The WastewaterExchange is matching offers and demands of wastewater by-products to ease the finance of bio-refineries. Part of the margins of the wastewater transformation are allocated to wastewater suppliers answering some quality criteria.

Dear Daniel
Dear Team

Good initiative, together we’re always stronger!
I’ll be happy to organise physical meetings/events if in Geneva area and bring my knowledge of food water footprints (and related finance) that might come from treated wastewater for irrigation as per ISO guidelines + policy advocacy (WTO/UNCTAD rules?)

Best regards

Valerie Issumo
W2AREX ® WasteWater Reuse EXchange
M: + 41 79 7582285 | Skype: vissumonkosso
www.pranasustainablewater.ch
www.pranasustainablewater.ch/en/index.php
Valerie Issumo
WasteWater EXchange.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.pranasustainablewater.ch/en/index.php

• depinder
  • Depinder Kapur is currently Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment, Delhi.

Congratulations for this initiative.

I am trying to get the Working Group 1 to start a similar process, of active engagement and discussion. I would join your initiative if mine does not work.

Those interested in what we are doing in India on Sanitation Capacity Building, are invited to visit

scbp.niua.org/

Good luck.

Depinder
Depinder Kapur is Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment. He has taight at Shiv Nadar University and has lead the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform(SCBP) of National Institute of Urban Affairs. His professional engagements have been with AKRSP(Program Officer Forestry), SPWD(Sr. Program Officer), CARE(Director NRM), Oxfam(Program & Advocacy Director), WaterAid India(Country Head) and WSSCC(National Coordinator) and as an independent consultant.

• ddiba
    Topic Author
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5

Dear members of Working Group 5 (Productive sanitation and food security),
Gina and I, who are the current WG5 co-leads would like to extend this invitation for deeper participation and engagement to all the WG5 members and potential members.

Rather than take on the who responsibility of running this WG5 just the two of us, we would like to create a small team of fellow co-leads, about 5 to 8 people, with who we can develop and implement ideas to keep the Group vibrant and active, to the benefit of all the members and ultimately the sanitation community.

If you would like to contribute to WG5, then this is your opportunity. Gina and I have academic and professional backgrounds in public health, sanitation and engineering so we are especially interested in people with an agriculture background, even though we are open to all other backgrounds too. We are also keen to have practitioners on board i.e. people working in the private sector or in public/government agencies and departments, in NGOs and other sectors, beyond just academics.

This is a volunteer position and as part of this small team, you will invest about 2 - 5 hours per month or so on WG5 related activities. Therefore, it is best if your usual work is related in one way or another to the WG5 topic, so that you can integrate WG5 activities as seamlessly as possible to the work of your organization (or yourself if you're working independently).
Your involvement could involve contributing by leading one of the following roles;
- Webinars: support the organization of SuSanA webinars (e.g. twice a year) on WG5-related topics
- Physical meetings/events: support the organization of WG5 physical meetings mainly in conjunction with SuSanA meetings and also identify other events of interest to WG5 topic
- Publications: curate up-to-date lists of relevant publications related to WG5 topic (perhaps once or twice a year), support the identification of potential ideas and contributing authors for WG5-related publications and provide feedback on new WG5-related publications (e.g. review)
- Policy issues and advocacy: raise awareness and advocate on various policy processes and issues related to WG5
- Forum moderation: moderating and initiating discussions linked to the WG5 topic. The moderators should also support the identification of topics and coordinate online thematic discussions on the SuSanA discussion forum

So if you are responding to this call, please indicate which specific role you can best contribute to, depending on your skills and expertise.

You can respond to this call by posting a reply to this post on the SuSanA forum or getting in touch via email to <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> and <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Regards,
Gina and Daniel
Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba
The following user(s) like this post: depinder, Lillianmbeki, imadiroud

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds