New co-leads for Working Group 2 - Finance and Economics

Page selection:
  • captiva

Re: New co-leads for Working Group 2 - Finance and Economics- Introduction

Dear Colleagues,

I am excited to introduce myself to you as a Co-Leader of WG2. I am currently leading a Business Development team for Sanitation As A Business in Uganda with the program spread over 3 continent (Africa, Asia and South America) and 9 countries. I specialize in Business Development, Financial and Economic Advisory with over 8 years' experience.

I look forward to facilitating and sharing the discussions.

Regards,

Saidi Bukenya
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jonpar
    Topic Author
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

New co-leads for Working Group 2 - Finance and Economics

Dear All,

I am very pleased to announce that we have two new co-leads for Working Group 2 on Finance and Economics.

The co-leads for this working group are

1) Peter Burr from IRC in the Netherlands. Peter is a researcher on the WASHCost project and co-authors of the Briefing Note 3 - Applying the life-cycle costs approach to sanitation (December 2011) which presents an application of the life-cycle costs (LCCA) approach to sanitation in rural and peri-urban areas, comparing ares the differences between the financial costs of traditional and improved latrines, and the quality of service delivered to users.

2) Saidi Bukenya from Captiva Communications in Kampala, Uganda. He has considerable experience in economic and financial modelling in different sectors (e.g. agriculture, renewable energy) as well as sanitation, and he is closely involved in an exciting business development sanitation program in over 7 countries in 3 continents. Please refer to the short film on Youtube which documents the work that Captiva has been doing in Kampala with entrepreneurs in sanitation.

I will ask Peter and Saidi to post emails to the Working Group 2 forum to tell us more about their work and to stimulate discussion about some of the key aspects of their work that they consider to be topical and of interest to the group.

Jonathan Parkinson

email : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Programme Manager – Urban Sanitation Initiative
International Water Association
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Principal Consultant – Water and Sanitation
IMC Worldwide Ltd, Redhill, United Kingdom
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds