Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in Developing Countries

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in urban areas in Developing Countries

Dear Ahmed,

I am sorry that nobody has answered to your forum post yet (I just noticed that you posted the same request four times in four different threads. That's not good. I have merged them all into the same thread now).

I had a quick look at your survey. It is quite hard to fill in, I think. Have you had many responses so far? I suggest you attach the survey also as a pdf file to a forum post so that people can quickly look at it without having to actually click through the survey.

I think a discussion about the way you are trying to collect this data might be useful.

Also I am wondering how much of the already available information you have already used? We have had discussions about costs here on the forum before. There are also several FSM toolkits which should have information on costs. Please see here:
forum.susana.org/277-fsm-planning-tools-...boxes-and-guidelines

Also see here:
FSM per capita cost for Nepal or South Asia? - Could we set up a global database for this?
forum.susana.org/53-faecal-sludge-manage...al-database-for-this

and here:
forum.susana.org/53-faecal-sludge-manage...fsm-costs-per-capita

This thread could also be useful:
Number of vacuum trucks and pit latrine emptiers in Africa - CROWDSOURCING INFORMATION PLEASE
forum.susana.org/53-faecal-sludge-manage...g-information-please

Looking into the sub-category on just transport I found these existing threads about costs:
Establishing the costs and willingness to pay for emptying and transporting sludge in rural districts with high rates of access to latrines (example of Bhaluka in Bangladesh)
forum.susana.org/99-faecal-sludge-transp...haluka-in-bangladesh

Have you tried to join forces with others on this? The costs are so context specific so it's rather difficult to generalise. I imagine they also rise or drop very quickly.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • arasmi12
  • Topic Author

Re: Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in urban areas in Developing Countries

Hello,
I am inviting anyone who would be willing to participate in a research study titled "Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in urban areas in Developing Countries". This study is being done by University of Leeds Postgraduate student Ahmed Osama Rasmi. Kindly find attached link for the survey in this message:
www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/RTDGC/
I would like to thank you in advance, as it would be a great help for my research. Additionally, I am willing to send back anyone who participates and provide their email in the survey with the final results of the survey.

Best Regards
Ahmed Rasmi
Leeds, United Kingdom

• arasmi12
  • Topic Author

Re: Urban Faecal Sludge Management costs in developing countries

Hello,
I am inviting anyone who would be willing to participate in a research study titled "Factors affecting cost estimation in urban Faecal Sludge Management Projects". This study is being done by University of Leeds Postgraduate student Ahmed Osama Rasmi. Kindly find attached link for the survey in this message:
I would like to thank you in advance, as it would be a great help for my research. Additionally, I am willing to send back anyone who participates and provide their email in the survey with the final results of the survey.

Best Regards
Ahmed Rasmi
Leeds, United Kingdom

• arasmi12
  • Topic Author

Re: Factors affecting cost estimation in urban Faecal Sludge Management Projects

I am inviting anyone who would be willing to participate in a research study titled "Factors affecting cost estimation in urban Faecal Sludge Management Projects". This study is being done by University of Leeds Postgraduate student Ahmed Osama Rasmi. Kindly find attached link for the survey in this message:

Best Regards
Ahmed Rasmi
Leeds, United Kingdom

• arasmi12
  • Topic Author

Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in Developing Countries

I am inviting anyone who would be willing to participate in a research study titled "Cost Estimation of the Feacal Sludge Management in Developing Countries". This study is being done by University of Leeds Postgraduate student Ahmed Osama Rasmi. Kindly find attached link for the survey in this message:
www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/12H6A/

Best Regards
Ahmed Rasmi
Leeds, United Kingdom

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds