Fecal sludge management platform - Maputo, Mozambique

Page selection:
  • AndreMA
  • Topic Author

Re: Fecal sludge management platform - Maputo, Mozambique

Genevieve,

Thanks for the message. Well, things did not really go the way we wanted and we did not hand in the full proposal as we now re-assessing how to proceed. You can read all about it on our web-page ( sustainablewatermz.weblog.tudelft.nl/projects/fsm/fsm-platform/ ) and also download the two working documents that we produced. We do think that such platform can be a great tool and we hope that somehow both documents can help people who have similar ideas.
Andre Marques Arsenio
Postdoctoral researcher at TU Delft
Dept of Civ Eng and Geosciences
e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
i: sustainablewatermz.weblog.tudelft.nl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • kengelly

Hi Andre,

I hope your proposal was successful - would love to hear if you have any updates to share.

Best
Genevieve
Genevieve Kelly
Graduate Student | MBA & MPH
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA | tel: 570-854-5075 skype: kengelly
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• AndreMA
  • Topic Author

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you for your message. I was not aware of that other project - despite having searched the forum for similar projects. I will be contacting them directly.

Btw, we are expecting to finalize the proposal until the end of 2015. So stay tuned for future developments.
Andre Marques Arsenio
e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: okinter2003

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Andre,

This sounds interesting, good luck with your proposal!
I think there could be some overlaps with the work that Cabinet EDE International is doing with funding from the Gates Foundation, please see here:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/142-go...nternational-senegal

They're also taking the Dakar model and trying to replicate it in Benin, Cameroon and Ivory Coast.

Perhaps some scope for collaboration there, too?

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• AndreMA
  • Topic Author

Fecal sludge management platform - Maputo, Mozambique

Dear all,

I am very happy to finally post this message here. TU Delft and the Erasmus University Rotterdam have teamed-up and submitted a proposal to the Dutch fund ViaWater for the development and implementation of a fecal sludge management platform in Mozambique. The teaser was well received and we are working on a full proposal together with WSUP , BoP InC and the local branch of WSP . We are currently looking for a private or non-profit partner, who is able to support us with the technical implementation of the digital platform.

Ideally, the platform consists of an SMS service, a website, a call-centre and includes mobile payment systems. The idea is quite similar to the work of ONAS in Dakar and will eventually act as the mediator between households and companies emptying septic tanks and pit latrines. It generates discharge and user fees necessary for the operation of a fecal sludge treatment plant.

If you are interested in this and want more information, please don't hesitate contacting me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), my colleague Johanna (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or simply reply to this message.
Andre Marques Arsenio

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds