Untreated wastewater from cities expose 885 million people to severe health risks globally: my latest article!

Page selection:
  • ranjanpanda
  • Topic Author

Untreated wastewater from cities expose 885 million people to severe health risks globally: my latest article!

Hi,

Next time when you are lured by the healthy looking fresh vegetables being sold in urban limits or periphery areas, don’t just jump into them. They could have been produced with wastewater, from the nearby city or town, with high levels of faecal contamination hence posing a lot of health risks for you and your family. A just published study by a team of researchers led by a recent graduate from University of California finds out that croplands irrigated globally by untreated urban wastewater is actually 50 per cent greater than previously thought.

Please read my latest article in SixDegrees. This was first published in Urban Update magazine.

Link to the article: www.sixdegreesnews.org/untreated-wastewa...alth-risks-globally/

Look forward to listen from you.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

--
Ranjan K Panda

Convenor, Water Initiatives Odisha (WIO)
Convenor, Combat Climate Change Network, India
Mahanadi River Waterkeeper (Member, Global Waterkeeper Alliance)

Mobile: +919437050103
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tweet @ranjanpanda
Tweet @MahanadiRiver

Blog: www.climatecrusaders.blogspot.com/

Fighting water woes, combating climate change...25 Years and On!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds