Data Survey

Page selection:
  • MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Research focuses on the human to sanitation, data, demand,and ICTs.

Re: Data Survey

Happy World Water Week everyone!

Last update - just to say that this Data Survey will close at 5pm GMT on Friday August 30th 2019.

If you work with WASH data at any level, please do consider sharing your knowledge and experience here: forms.gle/GwCFe7HBH933SQik7

Again, this short survey aims gather insight from WASH professionals on data needs, challenges, and tools used. The findings will help inform my PhD research, which looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital tools related to sanitation in the context of SDG 6.

Please feel free to contact me at the email below if you have any questions. Thanks and best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
ces.uc.pt/en/doutoramentos/doutorandos-as/marcus-guy-erridge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Research focuses on the human to sanitation, data, demand,and ICTs.

Dear colleagues,

This a quick final call for anyone who works with WASH data at any level to help take a short survey. It should take 5-8 minutes of your time to complete: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeO5eVY...ddl1TuBkcow/viewform

This survey forms part of my PhD research, which looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital data tools related to sanitation in the context of SDG 6. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like further information about the survey or my research.

Thank you all for your time.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Thank you Kris,

Yes that's a great point and I appreciate the helpful feedback.

As you suggest, the term 'data' can encompass multiple forms of information, and may mean different things to different people. I could post a broad explanatory to this effect, but I do not think that it's necessary. This survey is ultimately a subjective take on the uses, challenges, and needs around 'data' and the use of digital data tools by WASH professionals. Participants are asked about their roles and how they use what they see as 'data'. Maybe contrasting ideas and interpretations of what is meant by 'data' may emerge from the survey. Ultimately, I am hopeful that participants will continue to share their knowledge based on their own understandings/definitions/interpretations of 'data' as it relates to their work.

Again, survey link for the curious is here :) : forms.gle/GwCFe7HBH933SQik7

Kris, thanks again. I hope to explore this issue in more detail as my research develops. If you have chosen to take the survey, I hope you have selected 'yes' for the possible future interview option!

If anyone has any further questions about this survey or my research, then please feel free to contact me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best wishes,
Marcus

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

I think it would make sense if you would explain what you mean with "data" a bit better. Even the survey itself is not so clear and for wash practicioners "data" is maybe used as "assessment data" but it is not a clearly defined term in the sector.
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone that has taken the data survey so far! :)

The survey is still open, so if you work with WASH data at any level, please consider sharing your knowledge - it should take 5-8 minutes of your time to complete this short survey: forms.gle/GwCFe7HBH933SQik7

The survey forms part of my PhD research, which looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital data tools related to sanitation access in the context of SDG 6.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
ces.uc.pt/pt/ces/pessoas/doutorandas-os/marcus-guy-erridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Dear colleagues,

For anyone who works with WASH data at any level, I would like to ask for your help with a short survey. It should take 5-8 minutes of your time.

Survey link: forms.gle/X11evMdsw6q6fY2N9

The purpose of this survey is to gather insight from WASH professionals regarding your data needs, challenges, the types of digital data tools you may have used, and what features/functions you see as most important. The survey forms part of my PhD research, which looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital data tools related to sanitation in the context of SDG 6.

Please consider taking a few minutes to share your knowledge, it would be very gratefully received and hopefully put to some good use!

Thank you all for your time and please get in touch if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Hi everyone,

If you are reading this post and have experience of working with data at any level, please consider taking this short survey. It should take 5-8 minutes to complete. The objective of this survey is to gain a more granular understanding of the types and uses of data and data tools, particularly in the WASH field. The survey forms part of the research for my PhD thesis, which looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital data tools related to sanitation in the context of SDG 6.

Data Survey link here: forms.gle/4HdMj5kr9JikRkFy5

Please feel welcome to contact me should you have any questions about the survey or my research.

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,

Marcus Erridge
ces.uc.pt/pt/ces/pessoas/doutorandas-os/marcus-guy-erridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Thank you so much for flagging this up Kris.

The glitch in the survey has been fixed and should work correctly now.
Please return and complete the survey - and bring your friends!

Any other issues, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Marcus

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

I tried filling the form, but on the last page it's not possible to complete as it asks to fill only one per column, but there are more than 5 rows and you can not deselect an answer.
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

Data Survey

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to ask for your help taking a survey. Another survey, I know, exciting right!?

The objective of this particular survey is to gain a more granular understanding of the types and uses of data and data tools in the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) field. This is a topic that has surfaced in the forum before: forum.susana.org/279-knowledge-managemen...w-do-we-use-our-data

Anyone with experience of working with data at any level is welcome to take this survey. The more the merrier! It should take 5-8 minutes of your time. Survey link here: forms.gle/DtyRdud7dVu7YF1C6

This survey forms part of the PhD research conducted by Marcus Erridge as part of the Human Rights in Contemporary Societies programme at the Centre for Social Studies, University of Coimbra, Portugal. The study looks at new trends in data collection and the role of digital data tools related to sanitation access and demand in the context of SDG 6.

For any questions relating to this research, please feel free to contact me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also, if anyone is willing to help circulate this survey within their organisations, please let me know. I’m afraid that there is no incentive for taking this survey! Just good will and enormous gratitude!

Thanks and best wishes,

Marcus Erridge

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds