Introduction of my State regarding Water Resources and safe drinking water in rural areas of Balochistan (Pakistan)

Page selection:
  • Attakakar
    Topic Author

Introduction of my State regarding Water Resources and safe drinking water in rural areas of Balochistan

Balochistan is the largest province in Pakistan but also the most sparsely populated largely on account of scarce and unreliable water resources that limit agriculture to 5 percent of the land area. Agriculture is nonetheless the mainstay of Balochistan economy representing ~60 percent of GDP. Two-thirds of the population live in rural areas and are mainly dependent on agriculture. Given sparse and irregular rainfall irrigation is critical for agriculture in the province. Increasing agricultural productivity to improve livelihoods requires additional investment in infrastructure and greatly improved water management. The later requires increased data, information and knowledge, and increased capacity for water management and planning at community level and across different levels of government.
More then 60% population of Balochistan is consisted on rural population and they still have facing problem for easy access to safe drinking water in their areas. The communities and animals have been still using the Sumps for drinking water and they have still no access to safe drinking water and due to using sumps water they have facing health problems. For your information and knowledge please enclosed water resources pictures where i attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds