Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities - constructing a compost toilet in Nigeria

12.8k views

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities

Dear Uchechi!

Welcome to the SuSanA discussion forum! I looked up your website to find out more about you and found:

ABOUT US
PHAAE is a registered non-profit organization in Nigeria that focuses on issues affecting women, adolescent girls and children in Africa. Our main focus is on empowering women and girls to lead healthy meaningful lives through improvement in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
www.phaae.org/

We have a lot of SuSanA partners and members from Nigeria but not so many post here on the forum, so a double special welcome!

In order to help you better with your query, could you tell us a bit more about what you need and which resources you have already searched through?
I recommend:
- SuSanA library: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...publications/library Search by country Nigeria and by technology composting toilets
- SuSanA project database: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...publications/library Search by country Nigeria and by technology composting toilets
- This discussion forum: search in the category for composting toilets (forum.susana.org/241-composting-toilets-in-general) and also use keyword searches

These are the SuSanA partners that have ticked Nigeria as one of the countries that they work in (28 so far):
www.susana.org/en/community/partners/lis...&vbl_20%5B505%5D=505

Please let us know what you find and what you still need.

All the best,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • gabrielahv

Re: Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities

Hi Uchechi! I'm developing a project where I will implement a sanitation system based on biodigestion which uses cow feces as a "fuel". The system was designed by Embrapa (Portuguese acronym for Brazilian Company of Agricultural Research) and costs about R$1,500.00 (about U$392.00). The final effluent is biofertilizer which people are using to fertilize their gardens, but if the person does not want to collect the biofertilizer is just build a sand filter at the bottom of the third box.
Let me know if you want to know more, I have all the support material for implement the system, including the technical ones - they are all in Portuguese but I can show you and explain in English how it works.

Gabriela
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Sanitary and Environmental Engineer, Graduating in Environmental Consulting.

• Uc
    Topic Author

Less Expensive Sanitation Facilities

Our Organization is working on launching a new project, one of the important stages of this project is to construct a compost toilet in Nigeria. And i like to know if any of you members have had to embark on this kind of project in your various locations? We are also looking for blueprints of the construction process or if you know any local businesses who are into these kinds of constructions.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds