Re: Reply: How to construct simple and inexpensive and efficient wastewater treatment systems plants for homesteads which don?t have sewer connections (Kenya)

27.9k views

Page selection:
  • joeturner

Re: Reply: How to construct simple and inexpensive and efficient wastewater treatment systems plants for homesteads which don?t have sewer connections (Kenya)

Dear Bhaskar, I am interested to hear that there are 'no problems with harmful bacteria' from aquaculture in sewage ponds. Can you point me to research which shows this, please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Bhaskar
    Topic Author
  • Clean technology promoter

Can fish be grown in ponds into which the sewage is released? (aquaculture) - and health risks

(note by moderator: moved into a new thread as it's a separate topic)

Dear Mr Mwaniki

Can we give you a design to make a profit out of sewage.

This is possible if fish can be grown in ponds into which the sewage is released.

Income from sale of fish would be more than the cost of the pond and maintenance.

There will be no problem of harmful bacteria, etc.

The fish can either be consumed by people or used as fish meal in aquaculture ponds or as poultry feed.

Please confirm if fish can be grown in ponds using sewage.

Regards

Bhaskar
Clean technology promoter.

I am working on a clean technology product to grow Diatom Algae in large waterways. Diatoms account for about 25% of all photosynthesis on Earth and hence are the best solution to consume CO2, N and P and oxygenate water and feed fish.

I am a Chartered Accountant but am now an entrepreneur focussed on clean technology.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds