New blog post by WSSCC: Kenya paves the way for menstruators

Page selection:
  • Mbirungi
  • Machrine Birungi is a communications professional, award winning news reporter, writer, and journalist, with a passion for telling stories that help people make informed decisions. She is currently a social media analyst at the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council in Geneva.

New blog post by WSSCC: Kenya paves the way for menstruators

Hi,
I work for the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) as a Social Media Analyst and i am new on the forum.

Our target audience is people working in the sanitation and hygiene sector, policy makers, educationist, students, the donor community, researcher and anyone interested in the Sustainable Development Goals particularly Target 6.2 on Sanitation and hygiene.

I would like to let you know about one of our latest posts that we have published on our website written by Kevin Mwanza and the title is Kenya paves the way for menstruators

We wrote this blog post in order to show the progress being made by some countries to tackle the taboos and stigma that affect effective management of menstruation, product choices and suitable facilities for management and disposal solutions.

What I found particularly interesting about this article is the acknowledgement by the Government of Kenya that menstrual health and hygiene as “a rights issue.”

Also notable about this MHM policy in Kenya, that while the government has already been distributing sanitary pads to schoolgirls under sanitation and hygiene health programmes, officials will now be able to include fragile and vulnerable communities such as refugees, slum dwellers and street families in state-led MHM programmes.

Here is a👉 link to the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council article

If you have any questions about this article, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Machrine
Machrine Birungi
Communications Analyst/ Social media
LinkedIn Profile: bit.ly/2yoThea
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: hiroflute

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds