DFID/PwC - ICED Facility: WASH Technology Matrix

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: DFID/PwC - ICED Facility: WASH Technology Matrix

Hi Joshua,

Great to see you back on the forum! *

Just to clarify: What is the definition of "carbon friendly" in this context exactly?

I had a quick look at the directory and I am wondering where you state what the sources for the information is? E.g. here:
www.washtechnologymatrix.com/wash-techno...nline-directory.html
when I click on Biofil Toilet, I don't see a source for each piece of information but only for the CO2 data?

For how long will the maintenance and updating be funded for and by whom? (will it be a sustainable effort? If yes: wonderful!)

When you say "we", is that speaking on behalf of DFID or PwC?

Elisabeth

* (if anyone wants some help on those abbreviations, check the earlier posts in this thread. Oh, and there is a new one: ICED stands for Infrastructure and Cities for Economic Development)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • joshpalfreman
    Topic Author

Re: DFID/PwC - ICED Facility: WASH Technology Matrix

To Whom It May Concern,

Further to my earlier post in May, 2017 - I have now published a draft version of the WASH Technology Matrix at www.washtechnologymatrix.com. The matrix is part of a DFID funded, PwC led initiative, named ICED, to identify carbon friendly WASH technologies that can be easily procured and purchased/or re-built, in developing countries. We have already identified over 200 technologies and their respective vendors and are currently looking for comments and contributions, from the WASH community before field trials begin later this year.

We are also looking to schedule a webinar date, either as part of a wider SuSanA event or independently, to further attract contributions to this working project.

For any direct questions, comments or queries, please feel free to contact me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Regards,

Joshua Palfreman

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: DFID/PwC WASH Procurement Matrix

Easy:

DFID = The Department for International Development (DFID) is a United Kingdom government department responsible for administering overseas aid. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_for_International_Development

PwC = PricewaterhouseCoopers (doing business as PwC) is a multinational professional services network headquartered in London, United Kingdom. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PricewaterhouseCoopers

WASH you know but just to point out our nice Wikipedia article for it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASH

I find Wikipedia really useful to look up acronyms.

We also have this page of acronyms for sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_abbreviations_used_in_sanitation

Hope this helps,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Re: DFID/PwC WASH Procurement Matrix

Dear Joshua,

This sounds very interesting, but could you please spell out all of the acronyms?

I think you will find relevant, simple, replicable solutions on my blog, inodoroseco.blogspot.com.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

• joshpalfreman
    Topic Author

DFID/PwC WASH Procurement Matrix

To Whom It May Concern

I am looking for contributions to a DFID funded, PwC led initiative to identify carbon friendly WASH technologies that can be easily procured and purchased/or re-built, in developing countries. We have already identified over 200 technologies and their respective vendors and will release a rough version of our decision-making tool/interactive website on SuSana shortly, for comment and further contribution.

We look forward to receiving your contributions and communicating with the SuSanA community as our project develops.

Kind regards.

Joshua Palfreman

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds