Ecosan toilet posters for school (Catholic diocese of Bungoma water program located in western parts of Kenya) - and O&M issues

21.6k views

Page selection:
  • Doreen

Re: introduction of ecosan toilets in our ourganization

Dear Mr Mbati,

Thank you for your post. I would be delighted to assist you further with the information that you require.

Are you aware of the Kenya ecosan blog? Ecosan network Kenya is a loose network of interested ecosan practitioners and other interested people in productive sanitation. It provides a platform for everybody interested in ecological sanitation to exchange ideas, to communicate events and to present ecosan projects. The blog can be found under this link. ecosankenya.blogspot.com/

We also have a diverse range of technical drawings which have been kindly provided by SuSanA members who have been involved in implementation and construction of sustainable sanitation projects. This information can be found under this link.

www.susana.org/lang-en/library/rm-technical-drawings

The Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) publishes case studies of sustainable sanitation projects to demonstrate the wide range of possible sanitation systems. Our case study collection comprises of projects from developing and industrialised countries, using various technologies, in urban and rural locations, for school sanitation or in informal settlements. The emphasis is on practical experiences, costs, lessons learnt and long-term impacts achieved. These case studies are useful for planners, engineers, researchers and the interested public. We collect descriptions of success stories as well as of "failed projects" so that we can collectively learn and improve.

Therefore all SuSanA materials are freely available following the open source concept for Capacity Development and non-profit use, so long as proper acknowledgement of the source is made when used. Our full library can be found under this link www.susana.org/lang-en/library

In addition, I have compiled some case studies from Kenya that I thought might interest you.

All case studies can be found under the link
www.susana.org/lang-en/case-studies

• UDDTs at a church and nursery school Nakuru, Kenya
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=127

• UDDTs for schools in Kenya
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1195

• Construction work of two institutional UDDTs, household toilets and ferro-cement water tank – Butere Mumias
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1193

• Cost optimization of single door UDDTs in Kenya
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=513

• GTZ EcoSan Project Sites in Kenya
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=733

• Household UDDTs in rural and peri-urban Kenya
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=555

• UDDT design drawings for schools
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1055

• Operation and Maintenance
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=1045

• Technical Guide to EcoSan Promotion
www.susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=710

Please feel free to contact me once more via email (please see profile) or through this discussion forum if you require additional information.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • omulama
    Topic Author
  • Director water resources & environment. County Goverment of Homabay

introduction of ecosan toilets in our ourganization

Catholic diocese of Bungoma water program is located in western parts of Kenya. We want to introduce ecosan toilets in our organization. Do you have the following documents that can be of help:
1. Designs and bill of quantities manuals
2. Community, staff and artisans training manuals on ecosan technology
3. Names and contacts of organization or groups in Kenya that have applied the ecosan technology and its working
4. Any literature and materials on ecosan technology
With best regards I remain
Yours sincerely
Martin Omulama Mbati
diocesan water program coordinator
Martin Omulama Mbati

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 1.148 seconds