Anaerobic digestion reactor for bio gas production from distillery wastewater

Page selection:
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: Anaerobic digestion reactor for bio gas production from distillery wastewater

Hmm, as you say there is already a lot of research on this and as far as I know more recent innovations are more about process optimizations etc. so not really a huge innovative step forward.
For a industrial setup like you are suggesting, it might be interesting to utilize process waste heat to build a termophilic biogas reactor, which usually show several beneficial characteristics and significantly faster gas production.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Jyotsna
  • Topic Author

Re: Anaerobic digestion reactor for bio gas production from distillery wastewater

Dear Makowka,
Thank you very much. Yes, I only wanted to design a lab-scale reactor. For evaluation of process parameters and other studies related to the microorganism. What are the cutting edge technologies in this field or is there really something in this area which needs to explored. I was going through literature huge work has been done in this area. That is why I wanted to know what I can add to this field if I choose this as my area of research?
Thank you.
Jyotsna

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Biogas is quite commonly produced in breweries (which I imagine has a somewhat similar waste stream), but such larger systems are not an easy task to design.

You can try setting up a small test digester if those are available for sale in your country, but for building a larger system you should definitely hire an experienced engineering consultant or otherwise waste a lot of money with a non-functional system.

A small test system will help you though in determining if potential alcohol residiues effect the anaerobic bacteria, and also if it is advisable to mix waste streams to get a better c:n ratio and thus higher gas yields.

• Jyotsna
  • Topic Author

Anaerobic digestion reactor for bio gas production from distillery wastewater

Dear Experts,

I want to treat distillery wastewater in the process of anaerobic digestion as the COD value is really high in this kind of waste water. I aim to collect the biogas from the anaerobic reactor. What are the new technologies I can use to make the digestion more efficient and sustainable? As I am not an engineer I really need help in designing an efficient reactor for treatment of the wastewater and maximum possible recovery of biogass .

Please help me with this.
Thanks.
Jyotsna

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds