Nature Commode portable compost toilets seeks new management

Page selection:
  • nicolecous
    Topic Author
  • Founder/CEO of Nature Commode, portable compost toilets for events in Portland OR

Re: Nature Commode portable compost toilets seeks new management

Hello,
Thank you for the welcome to the forum and the questions!

Nature Commode is growing in popularity and clients in the our region of the US. We've been able to demonstrate event organizer and public enthusiasm for natural sanitation. The business model could be replicated or relocated to another market, in the US or other countries.  Our fleet is quite small, 30 toilets, but a sufficient quantity for many community scale events. All of our units can be flat packed, allowing for lower cost transport or shipping.

I'm seeking new management so that I can pursue the broader field of sustainable design/strategy.  After 5 years of operating a portable toilet company, I'm recognizing that my passion is in design and innovation rather that managing day to day operations. I'm hoping to find a team/individual keen to assume full management or ownership of the company.

We believe our design could work well in many markets, including in other countries. I'm very open to sharing our design with others, if delivery of the units would be too costly from an import standpoint.  We've intentionally designed our units to be fabricated from basic materials, allowing for affordable build/replication in many parts of the world. I'm also happy to share other designs we developed for easy build/set up for a men's urinal and women's urinal.
I'm the founder/CEO of Nature Commode, a portable compost toilet company providing all natural sanitation to events and construction sites in the greater Portland, Oregon region. As one of the first all natural portable toilet companies operating in the US, we use our toilets as tools for engaging the public on the topic of nutrient cycling.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Nature Commode portable compost toilets seeks new managment

Hi Nicole,
Welcome to the SuSanA Discussion Forum!

Could you please explain why your company requires new management and what it would involve? Does it need injection of new cash?
On first sight, looks like you have a flourishing business there.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• nicolecous
    Topic Author
  • Founder/CEO of Nature Commode, portable compost toilets for events in Portland OR

Nature Commode portable compost toilets seeks new managment

Nature Commode Seeking New Management

Interested in taking your passion for ecological sanitation to the masses while managing an innovative company?

Nature Commode , an all natural portable compost toilet company, operating in the US, provides uniquely designed and fabricated portable compost toilets to events in order to educate the broadest range of people about ecological sanitation. Providing service in the Portland Oregon/Vancouver Washington area since 2015, we’ve reached 250,000+ event attendees.

Nature Commode is seeking new management to oversee all aspects of operations, sales and client engagement. While ideally we would like to keep operations in the US, we are open to considering our fleet of toilets being relocated to another country.

“These toilets are the best part of the entire event!” We heard from countless attendees how much they appreciated Nature Commodes, from kids who no longer fear using a portable toilet to women who stayed at the event longer because they found Nature Commode so pleasant to use (vs choosing not to go at all if their only option was a standard porta potty). And many did actually say that Nature Commode was one of their favorite aspects of the entire event.

Toilets as tools for change
In addition to providing many with their first experience using a natural toilet, our exteriors are clad in information graphics, conveying, in a colorful fashion, info about “fork to field” and nutrient cycling. We utilize the attendant role to double as onsite educator, engaging users in conversations about the value of their contribution and the many benefits that come from reconnecting humans to the broader ecosystem.

If interested in learning more about this management opportunity with Nature Commode contact us for more details. Serious inquiries only please.

Nicole Cousino, owner
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.naturecommode.com
I'm the founder/CEO of Nature Commode, a portable compost toilet company providing all natural sanitation to events and construction sites in the greater Portland, Oregon region. As one of the first all natural portable toilet companies operating in the US, we use our toilets as tools for engaging the public on the topic of nutrient cycling.
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds