Does anyone have any experience with the WASHaLOT 3.0 handwashing station in Latin America (specifically Nicaragua)?

Page selection:
  • rblyth
    Topic Author

Re: WASHaLOT 3.0 - Nicaragua

Hi Fredirick,
Thanks very much for the resources - I have shared them with the organisation in Nicaragua.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • FrederickMadrid
  • WASH Advisor with expertise on School Based management and Systems Strengthening

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in the WASHaLOT 3.0. As far as I know, the WASHaLOT has not been implemented around Latin America. But there have been successful implementation and local production in some areas in Africa and Asia. I would like to share to you also other relevant publications related to the WASHaLOT 3.0;

1.) WASHaLOT 3.0 Factshee t: the document contains main features of the WASHaLOT 3.0 which some of it you already mentioned. THis already include some adjustment on it to follow physical distancing during handwashing.

2.) WASHaLOT 3.0 Production guide : If you are keen to produce the WASHaLOT 3.0 locally in Nicaragua, this would help you do that as it outlines the materials you would need to fabricate it, the tools you would need, and a step-by-step guide to fabricate accompanied with some drawings to visualize the process. A video is also available detailing the production process done in the Philippines few years back. Just to also let you know we are also in the process to adjusting this production process to suit mass production process but for your purposes, the process indicated in the documents I shared should be helpful.

3.) WASHaLOT 3.0 - Technology Applicability Framework : We also did an assessment of the first batches of the WASHaLOT 3.0 being implemented in schools. These experiences and findings were documented in this document.

Im hoping for the success of your project. you can always contact us if you would need more clarification/assistance on this matter.

Good day!

Frederick
WASH Advisor - Fit for School
Secretariat - WinS Network
The following user(s) like this post: Madita, rblyth

• Madita
  • Product Design consulting and collaborating with NGO's and social organisations in Europa, India, Nicaragua and Africa with a focus on end-user Adoption around the UN sustainability goal 6

@Kondala  thanks but this resource is shared by Ryan, I can’t take credit for it  =) @Ryan Thanks for the Infos.  Since WASHaLOT seems to be a product that is simply assembled with locally available resources, you should not have any problem. Furthermore, you have a brilliant chance to improve the system through small but effective interventions.

For example, you can change the pins where the kids press their hands against to get the water flowing, to round headpins, so that the risk of injury is reduced big times. see the sample picture below, but with a much shorter thread. I also have also a supple of more ideas for small changes that you can implement together with the local handyman*and women witch will make the WASHaLOT more intuitive, efficient, and clean.

But most charges will hold the maximum efficiency while seeing the local recourses and tools on-site available, like with most Projects. Iw Ould love to be kept in the loop to help to make your Project as ergonomic and easy to use and maintain as possible to have a sustainable impact.

Warm regards Madita
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: rblyth

• raogk

Thanks Ms Madita for the wonderful resource for the benefit of school students.

Warm regards
Kondala Rao Gonuguntla
Freelancer

• rblyth
    Topic Author

Hallo Ryan,

Thanks for sharing this interesting product of the Giz. I don’t have special experience with this one but with different solutions as a
product Designer in Nicaragua.
What is your plan or Projekt absolut and what and where do you want to use wash a lot ? Best regards Madita

Hi Madita,
Thanks for your reply, I am helping an organization called Mission Hope in Nicaragua (la Mezquita) as they design a Wash in Schools Project (3 schools) - for which they will implement the three-star approach. They hope to use the WASHaLot 3.0 for the group handwashing activities, because of its durability and its water-saving benefits.
It seems it will be difficult to buy the kit, so they will source the materials and build the stations themselves.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Ryan

• Madita
  • Product Design consulting and collaborating with NGO's and social organisations in Europa, India, Nicaragua and Africa with a focus on end-user Adoption around the UN sustainability goal 6

Hallo Ryan,

Thanks for sharing this interesting product of the Giz. I don’t have special experience with this one but with different solutions as a product Designer in Nicaragua.
What is your plan or Projekt absolut and what and where do you want to use wash a lot ? Best regards Madita 

• rblyth
    Topic Author

WASHaLOT 3.0 - Nicaragua

Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with the WASHaLOT 3.0 handwashing (attached) station in Latin America (specifically Nicaragiua)?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: Madita

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds