WATER AND HEALTH 2018 - Conference at UNC, Oct 29 to Nov 2, 2018 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA)

• muench
    Topic Author
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

WATER AND HEALTH 2018 - Conference at UNC, Oct 29 to Nov 2, 2018 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA)

There is an interesting conference coming up in the United States which is held every year with the motto "where science meets policy":
It's called "Water and Health 2018"

SUMMARY & THEMES
The Water and Health Conference explores drinking water supply, sanitation, hygiene and water resources in both the developing and developed worlds with a strong public health emphasis.

2018 Conference Themes:
- Measuring Progress Toward SDG Targets
- Water Scarcity
- Rural Water Supply
- WaSH Equity and Inclusion
- WaSH in Emergencies

More information:
www.cvent.com/events/water-and-health-20...6d03c56344d381d.aspx

Presentations from their previous conferences is available here in the presentation archives:
waterinstitute.unc.edu/conferences/

(mental note: should the presentations, or a link to their page, also be included in the SuSanA library?)

If anyone from our forum contributors is going to this conference, please comment in this thread and then perhaps try to meet up there as it's always fun to meet someone in real life after having read their posts for some months or years...
(I am not going to the conference myself)

Regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
The following user(s) like this post: adeniyiadebiyi2000
You need to login to reply
  • sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

Re: WATER AND HEALTH 2018 - Conference at UNC, Oct 29 to Nov 2, 2018 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA)

I will be at the UNC conference, Elisabeth. Hope to meet you there

Best,
CS Sharada Prasad (CSP), PhD
Independent Scholar and Photographer
sharadaprasad.com
  • muench
    Topic Author
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: WATER AND HEALTH 2018 - Conference at UNC, Oct 29 to Nov 2, 2018 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA)

Dear Sharada, I am not going to the conference (I'm currently living in Brisbane, Australia, so everything is quite far from here...). So I won't get to meet you again this time - pity! - Do you have a presentation to give?

funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
  • KRISWASH

Hi SHARADA,

I WILL BE AT THE CONFERENCE. HOPE TO MEET YOU THERE.

IT WILL BE MY FIRST TIME. LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING EVERYTHING I CAN.
  • muench
    Topic Author

I just saw that one event at the conference (or maybe more?) will be streamed live, allowing for virtual participation from anywhere in the world:

The 7th Virtual Conference on Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools provides an opportunity to hear the latest research and programming from around the world. The conference will focus on the "MHM in Ten" five priorities identified for transforming MHM in Schools by 2024.

This year's virtual conference will be streamed live from the 2018 Water and Health Conference: Where Science Meets Policy, organized by The Water Institute at UNC.

If you are registered for Water & Health and you would like details on in-person attendance to the virtual conference, please contact us.

++++++++++

For links and details see here in the recent e-mail by UNICEF:
mailchi.mp/b13cfc15f2ad/register-for-the...schools?e=463453808f

Interesting idea is also this: Organize a viewing party!

Joining the virtual conference is more fun with friends :) If you are tuning in from around the world, consider bringing your colleagues together to view the conference in one place.

Here are some tips for organizing a viewing party:
- Make sure everyone in the group is registered before the conference.
- Book a meeting space that can accommodate the group.
- Make sure the meeting room has a good internet connection, a laptop and basic sound system. Conduct sound and equipment checks prior to the virtual conference.
- Consider organizing snacks and drinks depending on your time zone.
- Join online at 7:00 AM (EST) and enjoy the presentations!
- Tweet a photo of your group using the hashtag #MHMConf - we will post your photos online.
- Connect with others on the virtual platform: ask questions and share comments.

Regards,
Elisabeth

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
  • sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

Yes, I will co-presenting on fecal sludge reuse.

Hope we get to see each other in one or the other event soon

Best,
sharadaprasad.com
  • sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

Sure. I will PM you my contact details. Looking forward to seeing you at UNC and knowing more about your work

Best,
sharadaprasad.com
  • sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

muench wrote: Dear Sharada, I am not going to the conference (I'm currently living in Brisbane, Australia, so everything is quite far from here...). So I won't get to meet you again this time - pity! - Do you have a presentation to give?

Yes, I will co-presenting on fecal sludge reuse.

Hope we get to see each other in one or the other event soon

Best,
sharadaprasad.com
  • sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

KRISWASH wrote: Hi SHARADA,

I WILL BE AT THE CONFERENCE. HOPE TO MEET YOU THERE.

IT WILL BE MY FIRST TIME. LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING EVERYTHING I CAN.

Sure. I will PM you my contact details. Looking forward to seeing you at UNC and knowing more about your work

Best,
sharadaprasad.com
  • KRISWASH

That will be awesome Sharada.

It's my pleasure
  • adeniyiadebiyi2000

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, I will be in the next year conference.
  • dandreatta
  • I am a mechanical engineer and work for a consulting company. I do projects around water, cookstoves, and sanitation in my spare time.

I will be at the conference, and there appears to be a strong line up of sanitation presentations. It was at Water and Health 2013 that I "discovered" sanitation in a talk by Jan Willem Rosenboom. I will look for Sharada, since I've been seeing his work for years now.

Dale Andreatta
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Dale Andreatta, Ph.D., P.E.
Mechanical Engineer
The following user(s) like this post: muench
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds