Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica)

Page selection:
  • VogelAfrica

Re: Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica)

Dear Makgatha,

Thank you for your advise. I will certainly contact Prof Chris Buckley.

Ellen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Makgatha
    Topic Author

Re: Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica)

Dear Ellen;

Thank you for the interaction and interest in the subject matter.

Unfortunately, I did not pursue the research on this subject matter, but rather worked on a subject that had to do with aeration efficiency in activated sludge systems.

I will advise that you contact to Prof Chris Buckley, I know that he does work in similar fields, and he should be able to share the work they have done thus far.

All of the best, keep well and in touch...!

Cheers;

CM Makgatha, Pr.Sci.Nat
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• VogelAfrica

Dear Mr. Makgatha,

I have a small farm in the Eastern region of Ghana. We want to build a business in the breeding of fly larvae as alternative chicken feed, employing the waste stream of the local agricultural community.
Our first working point will be a simple facility to breed house fly larvae on animal manure.
The idea is to sensitize the farmer community for living larvae as chicken feed and for the insect frass as a good quality fertiliser.

I was intrigued by your phd subject.
The collection of faecal sludge to breed house fly would be an easy additional resource for this facility.
Is it feasible to breed house fly larvae on this substrate?
Is it possible to get more information on your research?

Thank you for your cooperation.
yours sincerely,
Ellen Vogelaers

• Makgatha
    Topic Author

Faecal Sludge Treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae (Musca Domestica)

Dear Colleagues,

I am an MSc student at the UNESCO-IHE (Netherlands), my thesis work is on the Faecal sludge treatment by means of bio-predating using house fly larvae.

My work is focused on the efficiency and effectiveness of bio-predating of faecal sludge by house fly larvae (Musca Domestica) and the extent to which the process also kills pathogens. The quality of the waste/residual material after larvae production as potential soil improver (e.g. NPK-content compost, organic material) would also be assessed.

I would like to invite any suggestions and/or advice from anyone with experience in bio-predation using larvae or vermicomposting.

Cheers
The following user(s) like this post: VogelAfrica

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds