Will my e-mail address by default be visible to other users?

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Will my e-mail address by default be visible to other users?

No, it will by default not be visible to other users.

We have set it up so that by default nobody's e-mail address is visible. We felt this was better to secure a higher level of privacy for everyone.

If you do want to display your e-mail address, the easiest way to do so is to include it in your signature which appears with every post (but it means anyone can see it now, i.e. even without logging in). I have done it for my signature for example. To edit your signature, you first log in. Then you click on "Profile" at the top. Then you have to click on the "edit button" at the right. Then you click on "Profile information" and there it is.

We also have an internal e-mailing function which you can access by clicking on CONTACT below a person's photo on the left of the person's post. Please see this thread for more information on this internal e-mailing function:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/135-qu...o-another-forum-user

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: jkeichholz, Doreen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds