Thank you for celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance with us!

Page selection:
  • ValerieB
  • Administrator (Intern at SuSanA Secretariat)

Re: SuSanA is turning 10 – Celebrate with us - live streaming from Eschborn on Tuesday, 17th January 2017, from 10:00–12:00, 13:00-14:00 & 16:00-17:00 CET

Dear All,

in celebration of SuSnA's 10th Anniversary in 2017, we are happy to present the corresponding Anniversary Report to you.

You can find it

- in the SuSanA library: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2868
- and attached as pdf file.

We still highly welcome all comments on the anniversary report.

Best regards
Valerie Benes (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • annetempel
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Re: Thank you for celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance with us!

Dear all,
please find attached the draft outcome report of SuSanA's 10th Anniversary which comprises the key outcomes and recommendations.

How do you like the report?

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Anne (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)

This attachment is hidden for guests.
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Thank you for celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance with us!

Dear All,

Kindly note that in addition to the World Café videos on YouTube, further videos from SuSanA's 10th Anniversary celebrations are available on our YouTube channel.

Please find the link to the playlist here:
SuSanA's 10th Anniversary

Photographs of the event are also uploaded:
SuSanA's 10th Anniversary Photos

Best regards
Aloka
on behalf of SuSanA Secretariat
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Dear All,

Kindly note that the videos from SuSanA's 10th Anniversary - World Café are available on YouTube.

Please find the link here:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0gMdVBup...RxxZaba3Qf_2akjFPcQm

Best regards
Aloka
on behalf of SuSanA Secretariat
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• fppirco
  • I am independent EH&S researcher in natural resources recovery ,water,wastewater,agro_food ...fields.

I am very happy of be member of Susan group , Thanks for all secretariats and all members of all of world , I have been enjoying of fruitful discussion about sanitation .

Thanks to all you manage Susan forum.

Mohammad Mojtabaei

www.fpp.ir
Researcher and consultant

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

I would like to thank the secretariat, the interns and all involved in organizing this event. It was indeed a really nice celebration!! I was fortunate to be able to attend in person (as I live close-by to Eschborn). It was like a big family gathering, catching up with people I've known for a long time but also meeting new people, e.g. those whom I had only known from forum posts and skype calls so far. The atmosphere was great: friendly, supporting, light-hearted but also hard working, concentrated and passionate for the cause of sanitation.

I enjoyed the "history story" about how SuSanA evolved, which was moderated and prepared by Thilo Panzerbieter (including a re-enactment of a crucial phone call between Arne Panesar and Arno Rosemarin in 2007) (this half-hour slot was filmed and should be available soon on SuSanA's Youtube channel); nice to see Christine Werner in the room who's just come back from Morocco and who played a big role in shaping SuSanA in its early years, together with her team in Eschborn. The little band (Peter Hawkins trumpet, Arne Panesar and Stefan Reuter on the guitars) and toilet-shaped and poo-shaped birthday cakes were fun!

The "live drawing" (picture above) was also impressive although I am not so sure personally how/if this can be used to help people understand SuSanA in future. But it's pretty!

The photographer was a bit intrusive, I felt. Did we really need all that many photos (then again the group photo could have been better).

And I was very happy that the event was live streamed. At this point I would like to ask to hear from those who were taking part in the live stream: how was it for you? Did you feel included? Did you benefit? What could be done better regarding the live streaming in future? - Please share your thoughts!

I've asked the secretariat to please put together the twitter history as well, as we had a number of interesting tweets and lots of good photos with the hashtag #susana10. See here:
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=def...%23susana10&src=typd
(I see an unrelated tweet in second place but doesn't matter)

Thank you!

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• secretariat
    Topic Author

Dear all,

we had the great pleasure to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance in Eschborn, Germany on the 17th of January 2017. The theme of the anniversary was, "10 years SuSanA: How the changed sanitation paradigm contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals"

We had an exciting review of the last decade and an interesting exchange on SuSanA’s milestones and impact in the field of sanitation. During the celebration, the final draft of the updated SuSanA Vision Document ‘SuSanA Vision 2030: Contribution to Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” was for the first time, presented to the public. This document contains views on the shift from the MDGs to the SDGs, continuing challenges and new opportunities for SuSanA, Sanitation interlinkages across the SDGs and SuSanA’s objectives and goals. The Document is now available online for you to be viewed here:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/2715
It will be open for your comments soon, follow our SuSanA forum for announcements on your participation in the review. During the World Café/ Market place session which was held in the afternoon, up-coming topics, new ideas and timelines were highlighted and discussed.

We want to sincerely thank everyone who joined the anniversary in Eschborn and online through our live stream. The recording of the livestream will be available soon! Watch this space! We would also like to appreciate Susanne Asheuer for creating this great visualization (below) of the anniversary and the past 10 years of SuSanA. Last but not least, we thank the SuSanA community and the impact they have had in the field of sustainable sanitation. We look forward to many more years!

Anniversary Celebration Group Picture, Eschborn, 2017

Live drawing of SuSanA's 10 years' history

Best regards,

Antonio Dominguez (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)

Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: fppirco, Doreen

• annetempel
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Re: SuSanA is turning 10 – Celebrate with us - live streaming from Eschborn on Tuesday, 17th January 2017, from 10:00 – 12:00 CET and 13:00-14:00 CET

Hi Jürgen,
GIZ's technical support team, who is supporting us with the livestreaming, is recommmending Skype for Business. It is supposed to work very well! So let's give it a try. And I hope that many SuSanA members will join the celebration virtually.

We have an exciting programme: Thilo Panzerbieter and SuSanA members will tell "the story" of SuSanA and Roland Schertenleib and Elisabeth Kvarnström will present SuSanA's revised vision document that outlines SuSanA's response to the transition from the MDGs to the SDGs...

Best regards,
Anne
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

The following user(s) like this post: shaji

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: SuSanA is turning 10 – Celebrate with us - live streaming from Eschborn on Tuesday, 17th January 2017, from 10:00 – 12:00 CET and 13:00-14:00 CET

Yes, so we will use the hashtag #susana10 for any tweets related to the SuSanA 10-year celebration event this Tuesday! Please look out for tweets with that hashtag and make your own as well. you could use it to send "happy birthday tweets" to SuSanA.

Juergen: your other question I will give to Anne to answer. Do you suspect that the skype livestream won't work well (I've never used skype for business for livestreaming)?
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• jkeichholz

10 years already, so great! What I really like about the SuSanA is that it created a sustainable pool of knowledge that isn't limited to the reach of one single institution and does not end when funding for one project stops. All of this next to the benefits of a global network of organisations that care about a single cause. Pamoja tutajenga!

Hashtag: I believe that #susana10 would be short enough for Twitter use.

Livestream: will it be limited to Skype or is there any other platform independent solution available? And will there be a shortlink to the livestream?
Juergen Eichholz
watsan eng.
water, sanitation, IT & knowledge management
www.saniblog.org

Toilets in Frankfurt/Main www.facebook.com/ffmtoi
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

• Elisabeth

Very exciting, wow 10 years already!

I look forward to being there in person as Eschborn is close to where I live. But I do hope lots of SuSanA members will pop in for at least part of the day by using the live streaming over the internet.

Let's advertise the live streaming link widely! I hope many of you can make it.

We'll also have a twitter hashtag (still deciding on what it should be, will let you know - or make suggestions here).
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• secretariat
    Topic Author

SuSanA is turning 10 – Celebrate with us - live streaming from Eschborn on Tuesday, 17th January 2017, from 10:00–12:00, 13:00-14:00 & 16:00-17:00 CET

Dear all,

SuSanA was born in January 2007 when a range of sanitation enthusiasts from various organisations met in Eschborn to coordinate their activities for the International Year of Sanitation. That’s almost 10 years ago and we cordially invite you to celebrate SuSanA’s anniversary with us!

Together with the SuSanA Core Group, key donors and partners, we will be looking back at SuSanA’s achievements and impact during the last 10 years and we will be reflecting on the way forward to discuss SuSanA’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.

The Celebration Ceremony will be livestreamed and we cordially invite you to join us online!

The theme of the anniversary is: "10 years SuSanA: How the changed sanitation paradigm contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals"

With the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda, many of SuSanA’s positions are now on the highest political agenda; nonetheless the challenges ahead are huge.

During the celebration, the final draft of the updated SuSanA Vision Document “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the 2030 Agenda of Sustainable Development” will be presented.

We invite you to watch the celebration online and to share your ideas, thoughts and comments on how SuSanA can positively contribute to the challenges ahead via the SuSanA Forum.

When: Tuesday, 17th January 2017, from 10:00 – 12:00 CET and 13:00-14:00 CET and 16:00-17:00 CET

Where: Via Skype for Business or via Skype Web App

Please find the detailed agenda attached.

We look forward to meeting you online.

Best regards,

SuSanA Secretariat (Arne Panesar, Cecilia Rodrigues, Doreen Mbalo, Annkathrin Tempel, Antonio Seoane, Manuel Greulich and Martin Puszies)

This attachment is hidden for guests.

The following user(s) like this post: MRonteltap, anishgoodbugs

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds