Feedback: Have a chat with us: „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar 18 June

55.7k views

Page selection:
  • dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Re: Have a chat with us: „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar Thur., 18 June at 16:00 CEST (Geneva time) - and statistics report

Dear all

Unfortunately I cannot join this webinar but would like to take up the suggestion of Madeline and highlight the potential of SuSanA and the SuSanA resources for capacity development.

I would like to particularly invite people being involved with capacity development to join this meeting and give their inputs on how we can support capacity development activities through SuSanA!
The representatives of research institutions, local governments, and NGOs can play the crucial role of channel the wealth of experiences from the network back into the practitioners daily life in the field

Some guiding questions for discussion may be:

- What kind of information, documents and other resources (online forum discussions, webinars, MOOCs) do you regularly use to improve your knowledge? What are you lacking?

- What kind of information and other resources from SuSanA are useful for you to develop capacity in your home-institutions / target group?

- What kind of information and other resources has your organization developed that could be interesting for other members of the group?

- Have you some particular experience with developing capacity on sustainable sanitation that you could share?

- Could you imagine your organisation becoming a regional hub for SuSanA knowledge sharing and dissemination and if yes, how could that happen?

Have a nice webinar!

Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: madeleine, Sowmya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: SuSanA webinar on 18 June, introductions

I thought it might be useful to know who will be some of your discussants and fellow SuSanA members for this Thursday's webinar and what their involvement has been with SuSanA. In alphabetical order by first name:

Annkathrin Tempel (called Anne):

Anne is the "new kid on the block"; she joined GIZ and the SuSanA secretariat recently (March of this year); she will moderate the webinar. Anne is from Germany.

Arno Rosemarin:

Arno has been with SuSanA right from the start in 2007. Since then he has been a core group member. He works for Stockholm Environment Institute in Sweden where he is a Senior Research Fellow. He has a keen interest and active involvement in the "phosphorus - the finite resource" scene. Arno's country of origin is Canada.

Jonathan Parkinson:

Jonathan joined SuSanA in about 2011 and has been leading SuSanA's working group 2 ("Finance and Economics") since around that time. He currently works for Oxfam in the UK and was previously an independent consultant and before that with the International Water Association. Jonathan is from the UK.

Madeleine Fogde:

Madeleine has been with SuSanA also from the very early days, since 2007. Since then she has been a core group member. She works for Stockholm Environment Institute where she is the Program Director of SIANI (www.siani.se) - therefore at the interface between agriculture and sanitation. Madeleine was working group lead of working group 1 (capacity development) for several years and has been active in working group 7 (Community, rural and schools (with gender and social aspects)). Madeleine is from Sweden, and spent 15 years in Mozambique where she implemented sanitation programs.

Trevor Surridge:

Trevor joined the SuSanA secretariat at GIZ in Germany almost exactly three years ago, and has been leading it since then. Trevor's country of origin is South Africa.

And myself (Elisabeth von Muench):

I joined SuSanA in 2008 which is when I started working for GIZ in Germany and started leading the SuSanA secretariat there. After leaving GIZ in 2012, I remained actively involved with SuSanA as a community moderator of the SuSanA discussion forum; my time for this is financed via a grant by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to Stockholm Environment Institute. Therefore, I work closely with Arno on the activities related to this grant. I am from Germany.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Have a chat with us: „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar Thur., 18 June at 16:00 CEST (Geneva time) - and statistics report

Dear all,

Two more days until our first ever "open microphone" SuSanA webinar which gives you as a SuSanA member the chance to have your say and to ask your questions and to meet some fellow members!
I am really looking forward to it.

If you haven't registered yet, please do so here:
www.susana.org/en/webinar-registration

The webinar will take place here:
seint.adobeconnect.com/seiwebinar/

Make sure you also put it into your calendar so that you don't forget... And make sure you convert the time for your location ! I am listing here some example locations:

The webinar is at 16:00 Central European Summer Time (the online room opens already half an hour earlier). This is:

Seattle, USA; Vancouver, Canada - 7:00
Austin, Texas, USA - 9:00
New York, USA - 10:00
Dakar, Senegal - 14:00
London - 15:00
Paris, Madrid, Berlin - 16:00
Johannesburg - 16:00
Nairobi - 17:00
Delhi - 19:30
Karachi - 19:00
Beijing - 22:00
Sydney - midnight

@Madeleine: I agree that capacity development is at the core of many of SuSanA's activities. So we can discuss how to improve our activities in that regard. Also it would be good to hear back from those who attended the last SuSanA meeting at AfricaSan4, like yourself, about the vibes from the meeting.

@Mughal: We thought about recording or not but decided now not to record the webinar in order to keep it all very relaxed and informal. It is meant to be the equivalent of having a coffee and chat together if we could to it in face-to-face mode...

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• madeleine
  • Sanitation is dignity and life. Through living and working 15 years in (Mozambique) where Cholera is endemic, the importance of sanitation became evident, furthermore it is clear that sanitation is more than an infrastructure

Dear all !
I am really exited to be able to connect with you in this Webinar. I have worked with CapacityDevelopment in different sectors all my professional life so I am really looking forward to the chosen topic . With the Sustianable Development Goal Agenda ahead of us capacity development will be fundamental to reach the new targets. At AfricaSan a very interesting recent IWA report on the lack of capacity within the WATSAN sector in Africa was presented.: www.iwa-network.org/downloads/1422745887...crisis-wash-gaps.pdf
Furthermore the African Water Association called for partnership to support capacity development ! So how can we as a platform respond to the demands in a smart way? We cannot do this alone we need to be creative and to team up with knowledge institutions from different sectors etc
We need new bald ideas to address the lack of trained professionals!
Let us discuss and get inspired on Thursday
Hear from you then
Madeleine
Madeleine Fogde
Program Director SIANI
Senior Project Manager at SEI
Tel +46 (0)8 6747652
Fax + 46 (0)8 6747020
Cell + 46 737078576
SKYPE mfogde71811
Kräftriket 2B
SE-10691 Stockholm
www.siani.se
www.ecosanres.org
www.sei-international.org
The following user(s) like this post: Sowmya

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Elisabeth,

I'm afraid, I'll not be able to take part, as our Muslim month of fasting - Ramazan
(en.wikipedia.org/?title=Ramadan) is starting on that day.

Could I kindly request that audio and video recordings of the event may be made, so that I (and, may be, many other forum users) can watch at convenient time.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Doreen

Re: Have a chat with us and celebrate 5000 SuSanA members: „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar Thur., 18 June at 16:00 CET (Geneva time)

Dear Colleagues,

I shall be attending this Webinar and look forward to interacting with all of you. Arno thanks for the tip. I have successfully downloaded the app in my Iphone.

Best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• arno
  • Senior Research Fellow Stockholm Environment Institute

Re: Have a chat with us and celebrate 5000 SuSanA members: Invitation to „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar on Thur., 18 June at 16:00 CET (Geneva time)

One topic worth adding is that participants suggest new ideas for discussion threads and webinars.

Participants are encouraged to use their smartphones to join the webinar. Smartphones are more advanced than computers since they have good echo cancellation, handle Flash effectively and perform better at narrower bandwidths. Download the free Adobe Connect APP from iTunes or Android or even Blackberry.

www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/apps...e-connectmobile.html
Arno Rosemarin PhD
Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org
www.ecosanres.org
The following user(s) like this post: Sowmya

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author

Feedback: Have a chat with us: „Open microphone“ SuSanA online webinar 18 June

Invitation for all SuSanA members to come together (online) and celebrate and interact!

June 2015 is the month where SuSanA will meet an impressive milestone: 5000 SuSanA members (see here: forum.susana.org/forum/statistics)! In addition, another milestone achieved is that 100 sanitation projects funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have been introduced on the SuSanA discussion forum. See here and filter by funding source: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects

To celebrate these two milestones, and to hear about your ideas for the future of the SuSanA network, we invite you to one hour of an “open microphone” webinar. The webinar will be held online on Thursday, 18 June at 16:00-17:00 CEST (Geneva time).

Webinar format:

Unlike conventional webinars there will be no formal presentations (apart from a short input by Trevor Surridge to set the scene). The webinar will give you the chance to speak to members of the SuSanA secretariat (Trevor Surridge, Annkathrin Tempel) and core group (Arno Rosemarin, Madeleine Fogde, Jonathan Parkinson, and Elisabeth von Muench) as well as to fellow SuSanA members.

The agenda is basically totally open and if you have additional ideas, other than those which I have listed below, please do put them as a reply in this thread.

From our perspective, we think the conversation could evolve around the following clusters of topics: You can register for the webinar here:

www.susana.org/webinar-registration

Registration is optional but is useful as it will ensure that we can send you any last minute updates by e-mail.

The webinar is designed to be for SuSanA members only. You are not a SuSanA member yet? Fear not, it is fast and easy to register: www.susana.org/registration
You might even be the 5000th member if you register within the next two weeks...!

We very much look forward to meeting you all and to having a nice hour of interactions and sharing of ideas.

Elisabeth
with Trevor, Annkathrin, Arno, Madeleine and Jonathan

++++++++++

Instructions for attending the webinar (you don't need to download any software):

The webinar virtual room will open half an hour before the meeting starts, i.e. at 15:30 CEST. We highly recommend you arrive early to sort out any technical problems should they arise (and to book your seat as numbers are limited to 100).

At the right time on 18 June (use a time converter such as this one to find your local time: www.thetimenow.com/time-converter.php),

simply go to:

seint.adobeconnect.com/seiwebinar/

You will see this screen by Adobe Connect:

Then you need to do the following:
  • Click the little round circle where it says “Enter as a Guest”
  • Enter your full name where it says "Name"
  • Add the Room passcode which is webinar2015
  • Click on the rectangular box which says "Enter Room"
  • Wait a moment until the host (Arno) has granted you permission (if you encounter a problem at this step, simply e-mail me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - I will look out for any stragglers)
  • Make sure to have 5 MBit/s in bandwidth and headphones in order to use both webcam and sound.
  • If you want to speak, you have to click on the green microphone button which you will find at the top left of the webinar screen, see screenshot below (see red circles):
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: cecile, JKMakowka, kengelly, Sowmya

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds