Join WEDC Side event co-convened by IRC WASH & WaterAid, “Working with government for sustainable services”

Page selection:
  • daalen
  • Topic Author
  • Editorial Officer at IRC

Re: Join WEDC Side event co-convened by IRC WASH & WaterAid, “Working with government for sustainable services” - 26 July

Dear Elisabeth,
Thanks for your email and for giving IRC the opportunity to post materials of our WEDC side-event. I have discussed this with my colleague Angela Huston who was one of the presenters at the event. She told me that a package of all presentations is being prepared. As soon as that is ready I will post it on the forum.
Kind regards,
Tettje van Daalen
Editorial Officer
IRC
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, UDAY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Join WEDC Side event co-convened by IRC WASH & WaterAid, “Working with government for sustainable services” - 26 July

Dear Tettje,

I hope your side event last week went well (“Working with government for sustainable services”). For those of us who were unable to be there in person, could you please share anything from it that you can share? Such as the presentations or key discussion points, or a link to a blog post if you've already summarised the event on your own website for example.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: UDAY

• daalen
  • Topic Author
  • Editorial Officer at IRC

Join WEDC Side event co-convened by IRC WASH & WaterAid, “Working with government for sustainable services”

On Wednesday 26 July at 13.30 - 15.00 in Room WPT009.

Working with government is essential if we are to achieve universal access to sustainable WASH services. This will require targeted engagement with governments from the local to the national level, supporting them to fulfil their responsibilities. However, this is not without its challenges.

This side event will present participants with lessons learnt from IRC WASH and WaterAid country programme experiences, and will encourage participants to draw on their own to discuss topics of:
· Incentives and financial arrangements

· Methods for effective and relevant capacity development

· Agreements for various contexts and objectives

We would very much welcome your attendance and participation to help us unpack these issues and find ways to ensure effective and meaningful government partnerships.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds