Topic 1 - Innovations in WASH In Schools (India Chapter Thematic Discussion)

• DavidAlan
  • Long-term forum user
  • David Crosweller

Re: Topic 1 - Innovations in WASH In Schools (India Chapter Thematic Discussion)

Of course. Can you remind me in a couple of weeks so they can focus on getting this project over the line and then they will have a little more clear space to discuss collaborations..
You need to login to reply
  • watsanchandra
  • Regular forum user
  • Chandrasekaran J

Re: Topic 1 - Innovations in WASH In Schools (India Chapter Thematic Discussion)

Sure, will be in touch
Cheers
My local # for your Indian friends: +91 9445104576
  • sunetralala
  • Regular forum user

Hi
Can you post some details of your water filters?
Regards
Sunetra
  • watsanchandra
  • Regular forum user
  • Chandrasekaran J

Details can be seen in www.watsan.in
Mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile 9445104576
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Doreen Mbalo, Annkathrin Tempel, Shobana Srinivasan and intern Alokananda Nath

Dear Members,

I am sharing an example that was sent to the Secretariat by Ravi Senji of RaVikas.

regards
Aloka
(on behalf of SuSanA Secretariat)

Dear SUSANA Team,

Greetings,

I am Ravi Senji, Founderpreneur of RaVikas.

The first Solar based (Zero flush/Zero odor/Zero waste) Return on investment Toilet units (MAITRI) designed exclusively for India is my patented product

My toilets do not flush water after use/ remain odor free and convert human waste into vermicast (not compost)

This is the only unit which can accept used sanitary napkins and safely process them as well.

I have installed a UDDT for public use in a temple near Vellore (100 Kms from Chennai) which is functional till today serving @ 70~90 users each day.

Kindly visit my website www.swachhsolartoilet.com for details.

I am interested to actively participate in the WINs program.

Let know if you are interested and way ahead

Thank you

RaviSenji

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.swachhsolartoilet.com

Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sustainable sanitation sector program
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org
  • nityajacob
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the ISC-SuSanA India Chapter

Dear all,

This has been interesting. Can I ask you to share more innovations, as that is the topic of the discussion. Processes, technology, behaviour change or menstrual hygiene examples will be welcome.
Thank you
Nitya
  • watsanchandra
  • Regular forum user
  • Chandrasekaran J

We use glass fibre waste dumped by wind mill blade manufacturing companies and convert them into making toilets. The advantages are that we do not need nature eroding sand, water or cement but reuse and recycle the glass fibre waste from which we make the toilet. Again, the model is skill building and making rural folk do their own toilets wherein we provide mould, material and know how, so that one toilet can be built in one days time! ( www.watsan.in/modular_toilets.html )
  • nityajacob
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the ISC-SuSanA India Chapter

Hello everybody,

Please respond to the discussion that is on innovations in WASH in Schools. This topic closes tomorrow, 8 September. We are looking for case studies

Regards
Nitya
Share this thread:
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds