Job creation and income generation in the field of Sanitation in MENA.

Page selection:
  • F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: Job creation and income generation in the field of Sanitation in MENA.

Dear Baicha,

The points of Kareem are useful and interesting. I would stress for using the principles of the religion - Islam, here. Islam promotes cleanliness and hygiene, and this give great importance to sanitation, an aspect of motivation for people in MENA region.

If you are able to get quotations from Holy Quran and Hadith (you may have to seek the services of religious scholar), that will give you a good boost. In fact, I'm also looking for quotations and sayings in Islam, to make sanitation popular in the Sindh province of Pakistan.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • KareemHassan
  • Researcher/Entrepreneur in the field of Sustainable Development for the MENA region.

Re: Job creation and income generation in the field of Sanitation in MENA.

This is a good point Baicha, thanks for raising it.

From my point of view I suggest the following answers:

1- Promoting sanitation business by: showing cases and success stories, organizing events for WASH entrepreneurs, Sanitation competitions ...etc

2- Regulatory frameworks to support Sanitation businesses, and exempting young entrepreneurs from paying taxes.

3- Building the capacities of the youth to run their own businesses in the field of WASH, and create jobs for others.

4- Create an Arabic platform to announce jobs and opportunities in the field of water and sanitation.
M.Sc. Kareem Khaled Hassan
WASH expert for MENA
Managing Director of BENAA Foundation
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. / This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• baicha
    Topic Author

Job creation and income generation in the field of Sanitation in MENA.

Investment in small-scale projects providing access to safe water and basic sanitation in Africa could offer an estimated economic return of about US$28.4 billion a year according to a UN report.
Moreover, sanitation is a key factor in the creation of jobs in different fields such as: Biogas, Digestat, Construction, etc.
How to introduce this new aspect in MENA?

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds