Problem with formatting of forum posts (using bold and centre)

• F H Mughal
    Topic Author
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Writings and Styles

Dear Elisabeth,

I'm facing a small problem that relates to the drafting and submission of the post. In my recent submission on MHM in Pakistan, I centered the heading, and made it bold.

After pressing the "submit" button, I find that while the heading has been centered, it was not made bold. Instead, this - - "[/b]" - - appeared on the LHS of the heading
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/24-men...153?limit=1000#22153
This has happened to me twice, previously.

I think, your IT guy, perhaps, has to do his homework, again!:)

Regards,
F H Mughal

Arno: Do you also face this problem at your end?

F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
You need to login to reply
  • muench
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Re: Writings and Styles

Dear Mughal,

I had a look at your post in question and I agree with you that this is a bug in the system with Kunena. It seems that when you try to make a headline first centred and afterwards bold then it doesn't work.

It looks like this in source code:
[b][center]World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan[/b][/center]

but like this after clicking on "submit" - so not correct:
World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan[/b]

Actually I just realised that if you do it the other way around then it works! I.e. first bold and then centred which looks like this in source code:
[center][b]World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan[/b][/center]

Result is this (i.e. now correct):
World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan

Overall, this is a hassle and should work in both ways. But this is not something that Steffen can fix for us but is a problem which the Kunena people will hopefully fix in the near future.

Meanwhile, I would recommend to decide if you want to use centre or bold but not both.
Bold on its own looks like this in the source code:
[b]World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan[/b]

and like this after you click on submit:

World Menstrual Hygiene Day in Pakistan

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. If you want to show in your post what the source code looks like then mark the text and then click on the icon at the top that is next to the person with the speech bubble and where the hover text says "code". It then adds this at the start: [ code ] and this at the end of your string: [ / code ] (I added spaces so it doesn't think it's a command).

Anyway, don't worry about all this, just use either bold or centred in future. :cheer:

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum via SEI project ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant in Frankfurt, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
E-mail us to get involved: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • F H Mughal
    Topic Author
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: Writings and Styles

Dear Elisabeth,

Yes, you are right - it should works both ways - hard to remember, I reckon!!
I'm sure, Kunena people will fix the problem. Please ask Steffen to ring them.

Regards,
F H Mughal
PS: It is Saturday; night in Karachi at this time; evening at your place. You should be off today. Are you still working?

F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds