figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams

Page selection:
  • masch

Re: new sanitation systems / sustainability aspects

Dear Arash,

many thanks for your email and enquiry about wastewater streams. Nice to hear from you at ISOE, with which I am also in contact with.

I am not entirly sure whether I understood your question fully - within NewSan (see here on the forum: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena...llege-london-uk#4741), we use the wastewater streams as defined by the "Sanitation Compendium" of EAWAG/SANDEC. However, if you could send me an email giving more explanations, I might be able to reply to you in more detail.

Another project which might be of interest to you is "Lima Water", which is coordinated by myself. You find a wealth of information on its website (www.lima-water.de).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many regards

Manfred Schuetze

Dr. Manfred Schuetze
ifak - Institut fuer Automation und Kommunikation e.V. Magdeburg
Werner-Heisenberg-Str. 1
39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Web: www.ifak.eu, www.lima-water.de,
# Neu/New/Nuevo: sankey.ifak.eu, simba-classroom.ifak.eu
Dr. Manfred Schütze
ifak - Institut fuer Automation und Kommunikation e.V.
Wasser und Energie / Water and Energy / Agua y Energía
Werner-Heisenberg-Str. 1
39106 Magdeburg, Germany
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; Web: www.ifak.eu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Arash
    Topic Author

Re: figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams

Dear all,

I am a research assistant at the Institute for Social-Ecological Research (ISOE), looking at the context of my PhD (about new sanitation systems regarding sustainability aspects), which also overlaps with the ISOE projects KREIS and netWORKS 3, current figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams (Grey-, yellow-, brown- and black water and other) and the associated energy demand or gain. Also costs of already implemented projects are interesting for me.

I'm looking especially for information and data from the last years of pilot projects (to create a summary table of data). If exact figures are not available, it would be helpful to have information about flow rates and population etc. and this could also help to calculate the partial wastewater flow volumes.

I wanted to ask if you can give me regarding the above points provide further information or could you tell me to whom I can turn this regard?

Thanks in advance for your support.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours

Arash Davoudi
Arash Davoudi
Institut fuer sozial-oekologische Forschung ISOE GmbH
Institute for Social-Ecological Research ISOE
Hamburger Allee 45
D - 60486 Frankfurt am Main
Tel. +49 - 69 - 7076919 0
Fax +49 - 69 - 7076919 11
www.isoe.de

• Arash
    Topic Author

Re: figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams

Dear F H Mughal,

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Arash
Arash Davoudi
Hamburger Allee 45
www.isoe.de

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Arash,

Elisabeth is quite right with her 4 points above. Those points of Elisabeth will help the responders to understand your query more deeply and thoroughly. Quite honestly (and please forgive me for this honest comment), when I read your post, I couldn’t figure the whole framework of your queries. Your post is research-specific; specific to your research and, only you know the background details.

While I wish you success in your research work, please come up with more details, as asked for by Elisabeth, that is, in case, if you haven’t got the answers to your research queries, by now.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Arash
    Topic Author

Dear Elisabeth,

thank you very much for your advice!

Best regards
Arash
Arash Davoudi
Hamburger Allee 45
www.isoe.de

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Talaghun,

Please give more background to your query, then you have a much higher chance that someone will respond (remember that people would give up their valuable time to help you with information).
This means:
  • Introduce yourself properly
  • Why do you ask? What is your research all about?
  • What searches have you already done on the internet? What have you found already?
  • What is the specific question that you have for the forum?

This would be my advice to you.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: CeciliaRodrigues

• Arash
    Topic Author

figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a research assistant and I am searching for current figures and data on the flow rates and material characteristics of different waste water streams (Gray-, yellow-, brown- and black water and other) and the associated energy demand or gain. Also costs of already implemented projects are interesting for me.

I'm looking especially for information and data from the last years of pilot projects. If exact figures are not available, it would be helpful to have information about flow rates and population etc. and this could also help to calculate the partial wastewater flow volumes.

Thanks in advance for your support.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely yours

AD
Arash Davoudi
Hamburger Allee 45
www.isoe.de

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds