Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

18.3k views

Page selection:
  • tahunganh
    Topic Author

Re: Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

Dear colleagues,

Thanks to your participation. My survey has about more than 200 respondents from around the world mostly from developing countries based on onsite sanitation system

We are on the way to analyse the data to confirm the result which components effect on the business success which can be share to you soon after is it peer-reviewed

In the meantime, in case you interested more detailed please discuss on the coming platform:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/224-th...wsscc-in-octnov-2015

Engaging the Private Sector in Sanitation

Week 1 (26 Oct - 1 Nov) will focus on raising demand through sanitation marketing and financing options including access to household credit, financing local entrepreneurs, etc.

Week 2 (2 - 8 Nov) will focus on efforts to engage local entrepreneurs to respond to this demand. to lead on this topic looking mainly at local entrepreneur engagement around toilet construction and emptying.

Week 3 (9-15 Nov) will focus on the prospects and challenges of engaging the local private sector in transport, disposal and reuse.

Will back to you soon.

Best

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • mwaniki

Re: Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

Hi Tahunganh

Lastly, you could still seek guidance with Dr. Jamie Radford at Cambridge University who assisted us with valuable commentaries and advise in order to reach a successful conclusion during the abridgement and editing of Dr. Barbra Senkwe’s work for publication in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.

His contact is at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Am sure that’s enough for a day.

Please feel free to contact the forum for further assistance.

Best regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

• mwaniki

Eng Mughal

“If there was any great lesson in life it was this: No battle was ever won with silence.”
― Shannon L. Alder

It's our duty and responsibility to empower the young to take the mantle to the next generation, if we can.

Regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Mr. Mwaniki,

I'm extremely thank to you for helping out our young colleague, Hung. You are a senior colleague, and your responses are very useful and informative.

Thanks again,

Best regards,
F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• mwaniki

Hi Tahunganh

Coming to think of it, I have now remembered Dr. Chris Burckley, a Chemical Engineer at the University of Kwazulu-Natal. I met the good scholar in Kigali, Rwanda during AfricaSan3 a few years ago.

I now have successfully traced him in SuSanA forum and he is reported to have contributed immensely to the subject matter and the following article is to his credit among others:

Questions on Faecal Sludge Management

He has also co-authored ‘Variation in VIP latrine sludge contents’ with BF Bakare*, KM Foxon, CJ Brouckaert whom I think could also help you in your thesis.

Kindly search the above article in the forum and go to a message box under his image for assistance.

Best regards / Mwaniki

• mwaniki

Hi Tahunganh

Thanks for the complement but I confess am not an expert in this area of your research. Nevertheless, I highly recommend that you get in touch with Dr. Barbara Senkwe at the address in my previous correspondence who is proficient to guide you.

Thanking you / Mwaniki

• tahunganh
    Topic Author

Hi Mr Mwaniki,

Thank you for your useful information. The article is very useful about financing of FS.
My work is aiming to propose an comprehensive business model of managing the FS business and service in developing countries and determine the success factors.

In case you know which journal is suitable, I would like to have your advice as I hope to publish our findings.

Best regards

• mwaniki

Hi Eng. Mughal

I very well agree with your observations. Tahunganh needs some assistance in substance.

As far as I know, Dr. Barbara Senkwe PhD of USAID SUWASA has done such work in the South Sudan but I doubt if she is still available on her email address at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as the project is winding up soon.

We featured her article ‘An Emerging Fecal Sludge Management System in a Post-Conflict Situation’ in the Jan – Feb 2015 of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene and I suggest Tahunganh to look into her work for reference and even contact her for assistance.

If Dr. Barbara Senkwe is unavailable at that address, am sure Dr. Dennis Mwanza, the Chief of Party at USAID SUWASA could be of assistance at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kind regards / Mwaniki
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal, tahunganh

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

I request the users of this forum, especially the senior friends, to kindly help Hung, by responding to his survey. The survey is a bit long. He said he needs large data and a wider response. I know, PhD work requires lot of work.

Like me, he is also from AIT, so, my request for his survey :)

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
The following user(s) like this post: tahunganh

• tahunganh
    Topic Author

Dear all,

I have received some comments from some experts so I would like to highlight the good points about this survey:

(1) This survey is for Business owners, Experts, Consultants in field of Faecal Sludge Management and Sanitation Business by which after you spend about 15 to 20 minutes to finish, you can gain some general idea how the business of Faecal Sludge could be run and innovated.

(2) There are many in-completed survey so we would like to encourage you to finish all the questions in the survey. The best incentive we would like to share is we will share the research results for who complete the survey by answer all the questions.

(3) After the research has the result, We hope to share the good business model and disseminate them for the participants.

Thank you and we hope to hear from your valued opinions.

• tahunganh
    Topic Author

Dear Experts,

My PhD thesis aims to propose the innovation for Business model of FS Collect and Transport service in developing countries (Thailand and Vietnam)

Our theme of research is FSM and we have done several case studies across countries with different economical context (Finland, Thailand and Vietnam)

So we would like to validate the proposed business model with the business owners and especially the experts around the world to confirmed the factors of the BM.

We hope to have your comments and give your opinions to our survey in this link:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/faecal-sludge-collect-transport-service

Thank you very much

• tahunganh
    Topic Author

Dear Experts,

I am Ta Hung Anh, a PhD Candidate from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, working on the topic of Business model of Faecal Sludge Collect & Transport service.

I would like you to participate on a survey about the BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATION OF FAECAL SLUDGE COLLECT & TRANSPORT SERVICE in the following questionnaire.

Your opinion and contribution is very valuable for our research to proposed the innovative theoretical business model of this service.

Please help to go into this link to give your opinion:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/faecal-sludge-collect-transport-service

and all your contribution and comments are welcomed via my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thank you

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds